Evo Coilover PSI

feederic

Can setting nitrogen pressure alter ride quality on coilovers? What are recommended pressures for a DD light 4 door?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Can setting nitrogen pressure alter ride quality on coilovers? What are recommended pressures for a DD light 4 door?

Yes it can.

If you liked how it was out of the box the "stock" pressure they come out of the box as is 150psi

feederic

Resurrecting this one a little bit - I've got about 900 miles on my Evo coilovers so far and I feel like the ride is a little too harsh on smaller bumps. Even the freeway lane divider bumps feel like I'm hitting a small pothole. The good news is anything more severe than smaller bumps don't really register and have softened out tremendously.

My ride is pretty light, with only the lift, spare tire carrier, and 35s @ 28psi. I'm going to drop my PSI down to 25 to see if it helps, and may try dropping the shock pressure down to 135 PSI.

With two adults and camping gear the ride is extremely plush, but with just me it feels like I'm back in my little hatchback car I traded in because I was tired of feeling every road imperfection.

feederic

Thought I'd give a quick update - I noticed my steering was developing a dead zone and decided to retorque and realign everything. I adjusted my timing rings and altogether now the ride has been transformed and is everything I had hoped it would be. Couldn't be happier.

boardsurfer

Thought I'd give a quick update - I noticed my steering was developing a dead zone and decided to retorque and realign everything. I adjusted my timing rings and altogether now the ride has been transformed and is everything I had hoped it would be. Couldn't be happier.
Cool. Which way did you move the timing rings?

Top Bottom