Currie Lower Front Control Arms

TheGrendel

Anybody still running Currie's up front? I installed mine yesterday, and I watched the Currie installation video on youtube. They installed the arms with the zerks facing down. However, they are clearly at risk of getting knocked off. Is anybody here running Currie's? Did you swap the arms so the zerks were up?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anybody still running Currie's up front? I installed mine yesterday, and I watched the Currie installation video on youtube. They installed the arms with the zerks facing down. However, they are clearly at risk of getting knocked off. Is anybody here running Currie's? Did you swap the arms so the zerks were up?

Just turn the joint one more 1/2 turn do it faces up......

pedroj14

I do not have Currie front lowers, but I have the same joints on my Evo Mfg front lower arms and made sure the grease zerks were on top to prevent damage.

TheGrendel

I do not have Currie front lowers, but I have the same joints on my Evo Mfg front lower arms and made sure the grease zerks were on top to prevent damage.

are you able to reach them? or do you have to unbolt to grease? didn't seem like enough room in there.

kentuckianajk

I have Currie arms all the way around with the fittings faceing up and found it easier to drop the front arms and lube them. they do sell a greaseeable bolt that may make things easier.

Sent from my VS980 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

That looks like a great option. What attachment do you use to grease them?
You use a needle attachment with a blunt tip.

ATD-5016.jpg

Looks like this. They make ones that clip into a regular grease attachment as well.

Works 100x better than the standard nipples/attachments.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
That looks like a great option. What attachment do you use to grease them?

I've only had these for a short time but haven't hit them yet. The attachment is called a Lincoln needle. It's not the tiny one that looks like a sewing needle though.

IMG_20161212_205733_771.jpg

IMG_20161212_205710_209.jpg

DSC04419.JPG

zimm

Caught the Bug
I just installed these in my sister's JK, fittings up. Do they need to be greased when new? We didn't add any grease thinking they would be lubed from currie (and my brother in law didn't have a grease gun).

TheGrendel

I just installed these in my sister's JK, fittings up. Do they need to be greased when new? We didn't add any grease thinking they would be lubed from currie (and my brother in law didn't have a grease gun).

I went ahead and greased mine just because.

Top Bottom