Anyone ever drop their suspension?

RageKage

Title might sound a little misleading... but just had a thought. I currently have the BDS 6 1/2" long arm lift kit and had the thought of actually dropping the suspension down to 4" by using the EVO 4" plush rides. All I would need to accomplish this are the coils correct? As everything is already extended, long armed, etc etc. Would there be any real downsides to this? Besides clearance, honestly I see a lot more $$ saving as a lot more has to be done with the 6 1/2" vs. a 4" due to increased angles and height. Just thought I'd throw this out there and see what opinions are.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
All you will have to do is adjust your control arm lengths for proper caster and rear pinion angle otherwise you should be good to go

RageKage

All you will have to do is adjust your control arm lengths for proper caster and rear pinion angle otherwise you should be good to go

I figured as much just wanted to make sure I wasn't over looking anything. Thanks!

What about cutting the springs down? Not that I want too or think it's a good idea just wondering if that is a possible solution.

Last edited:

JKbrick

Went from 4 3/4" of lift to 3", but don't have long arms. I unflipped my steering back to stock but only because I was chasing death wobble and put an undrilled knuckle back on.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Don't think cutting springs would work. The last loop is typically flat so it mates in the spring holder and distributes the force. Yours would be riding on one point.

RageKage

Don't think cutting springs would work. The last loop is typically flat so it mates in the spring holder and distributes the force. Yours would be riding on one point.

That's what it was. I knew there was specific designs and engineering to springs and I also knew that cutting them is a horrible idea both performance and safety wise I just couldn't remember why. The flat loop along with spacing between each loop and etc etc.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I figured as much just wanted to make sure I wasn't over looking anything. Thanks!

What about cutting the springs down? Not that I want too or think it's a good idea just wondering if that is a possible solution.

Deff don't cut the spring. Your going to change the rate of it by cutting it and it will ultimately become stiffer

Top Bottom