Camshaft position sensor

edstedt21

Hey everyone, just seeing what kind of answers I can get on here since I've seen quite a few varying ones. I am needing to replace my camshaft positioning sensor on my jk. It keeps throwing a p0349 code telling me that it's the drivers side that needs replacement. With this, it is causing it to go into limp mode unfortunately. Now, I've heard that only the dealership can do it cause they need to recalibrate the sensor. I've heard that if you replace it yourself you need to disconnect the battery and let it sit all night after replacement. Then I've heard that it's just a simple swap out and nothing more. If anyone has experience with this and knows the right route, I'd really appreciate the info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey everyone, just seeing what kind of answers I can get on here since I've seen quite a few varying ones. I am needing to replace my camshaft positioning sensor on my jk. It keeps throwing a p0349 code telling me that it's the drivers side that needs replacement. With this, it is causing it to go into limp mode unfortunately. Now, I've heard that only the dealership can do it cause they need to recalibrate the sensor. I've heard that if you replace it yourself you need to disconnect the battery and let it sit all night after replacement. Then I've heard that it's just a simple swap out and nothing more. If anyone has experience with this and knows the right route, I'd really appreciate the info

I haven't replaced on on a Jeep yet but from experience replacing others just disconnect the negative terminal and replace the part. There shouldn't be any reprogramming needed considering how it's just a magnetic sensor

edstedt21

I haven't replaced on on a Jeep yet but from experience replacing others just disconnect the negative terminal and replace the part. There shouldn't be any reprogramming needed considering how it's just a magnetic sensor

Appreciate the info man. I went ahead and just replaced it. Seems to have fixed the issue so far. Limp mode is a crappy thing!

Frydaddy

I think I saw this on reddit a few days ago. Yea, the dealers seem to have another scare tactic up their sleeve, saying something needs "properly calibrated" (DJI the quadcopter brand, pulls this shit with extreme efficiency)

Outside warranties, and hard-to-find parts (and now HOAT/OAT coolant), aside from that, fuck dealers.

Top Bottom