Jk Gauges going on/off

Fuzzy Elkins

Yea, anybody had a issue with the gauge cluster on the JK ?

Mine has started with the traction light coming on while driving and now other lights come on and the speedO goes off and comes right back.

Tach does fine no issues.

What the Hell ,,

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you installed anything on your battery recently? If so, check your connections as one or both are loose. You need to make sure you do NOT place any connectors between the tapered nut and the connectors as that will prevent it from clamping down on the terminal.

Fuzzy Elkins

Thanks, checked all of those today, didn't really find anything .

The issue seems to be only on half of the instrument cluster.

The speedometer , idiot lights in the middle come on.

At hand everything else, no issues

J

JKDream

Thanks, checked all of those today, didn't really find anything .

The issue seems to be only on half of the instrument cluster.

The speedometer , idiot lights in the middle come on.

At hand everything else, no issues
There's a ground behind the cluster that goes bad occasionally. Might be the case as well. That's what mine was.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

benatc1

Hooked
Had this problem on the past, replaced the battery terminal connector to ensure better connection over the cheap factory one and never had an issue again

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Defcon3JKU

Yea, anybody had a issue with the gauge cluster on the JK ?

Mine has started with the traction light coming on while driving and now other lights come on and the speedO goes off and comes right back.

Tach does fine no issues.

What the Hell ,,

I had this issue when I installed my winch positive wire. If you have a winch installed, make sure you don't have it under the main terminal nut. Eddie told me about this a while back when I had this issue. Fixed me right up. Never had another issue with the dash lights after I moved the cable.

Sahara_Maverick

I replaced the original terminals for beefier ones but still not very happy with them. They hold well for a while but I eventually need to replace them because they are made of a soft alloy and the bolts end-up losing pressure.
Does anyone recommend a good quality brand and model?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Breer

Caught the Bug
I had this issue when I installed my winch positive wire. If you have a winch installed, make sure you don't have it under the main terminal nut. Eddie told me about this a while back when I had this issue. Fixed me right up. Never had another issue with the dash lights after I moved the cable.

Same here, moved connection from center nut with the beveled bottom and was good to go.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom