internal beadlock opinions?

SoCalDozer

What do you guys think of internal beadlocks?
I was talking to a guy a offroad warehouse about them and they seem really cool and like they might be a good alternative to regular beadlocks.

SoCalDozer

That's not the kind I was referring to. I was talking about Air beadlocks like the Staun ones. they use a tube inside your wheel that you inflate separatly and it locks both beads

rsbmg

Banned
They have been around and in use for quite a few years and many people swear by them. The only negative I have ever heard is if you have no experience installing them it can be quite difficult. Once installed though they are supposed to work flawlessly. They are on my "do more research list"

georgesadlik

You could always look at the Hutchinson Rockmonster beadlocks. We run them on our JK with 37's. They are an extremely well built wheel and are worth the money. We recomend them for sure :thumb:

Cheers
George Sadlik

dchew

Caught the Bug
Yeah Hutchinsons are DOT approved so they are "more legal". Whether or not that makes them "more safe" is anyone's guess.

Installation is tricky but in some ways it is easier than traditional beadlocks. You can download the instructions from their website. Another minor disadvantage is they are pretty heavy. I'm installing Hutchinsons now and they are 55 lbs each. Great wheels though.

Dave

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's not the kind I was referring to. I was talking about Air beadlocks like the Staun ones. they use a tube inside your wheel that you inflate separatly and it locks both beads

These things are so difficult to install, their own rep could hardly do it and then after getting it installed, one had a leak. Great idea but totally not worth it or at least to me anyway. I've been running regular bead locks for a long time now and haven't seen the need to run anything else.

Top Bottom