Evo arm pic request

metalic

I'm sitting on 3.5 -4" lift on 38's and have been throwing factory arms on every time I bend them or bushings get sloppy. I was installing JJ in my axle and realized my upper arm bushings are shot again. I'm debating if I want to go all 8 evo short arms or go to long arms. I like that the short arms don't loose me ground clearance but would like to see pics of how far I'm front of tire and how low rear lower mounts are below frame. Can anyone help me. I've searched Google but haven't found anything to really show me what I want to see.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I'm sitting on 3.5 -4" lift on 38's and have been throwing factory arms on every time I bend them or bushings get sloppy. I was installing JJ in my axle and realized my upper arm bushings are shot again. I'm debating if I want to go all 8 evo short arms or go to long arms. I like that the short arms don't loose me ground clearance but would like to see pics of how far I'm front of tire and how low rear lower mounts are below frame. Can anyone help me. I've searched Google but haven't found anything to really show me what I want to see.

Here is what the standard LA kit looks like. Look at Rubicats build thread to see what the high clearance kit for the Evolever looks like: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/607-RubiCAT-Gettin-EVO-d-UP!!

front bracket 2.jpg

rear ca bracket 1.jpg

rear ca bracket 2.jpg

Edit: Here's a whole vehicle side view.

0722171444.jpg

Last edited:

metalic

Thanks
That doesn't hang as bad as I thought from some of the pics I've seen. I'm leaning away from the high clearance as I don't want to mess with welding.

Ddays

Hooked
Does the evo slider leg get in the way of rear bracket? I know I've read that somewhere but can't remember if it's this or HC kit.

No it really doesn't. I don't weld either but had these welded in by a member here. He had to grind just a little off of one of the rear mounts (3/8" I think he said) but that could have been from my placement when I did the fitting.. These are the only sliders that EVO will confirm fitment. I don't know if any other brand of slider will work with the rear mount.

aTX427

I just started a similar thread in the ORE forum. What is the the front stock mount being used for in picture #1 and is it eliminated if you weld the brackets on? Also noticed your grease zerks are facing down in picture #2 on your rear lowers.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I just started a similar thread in the ORE forum. What is the the front stock mount being used for in picture #1 and is it eliminated if you weld the brackets on? Also noticed your grease zerks are facing down in picture #2 on your rear lowers.

1/2 of the old front lower CA mount is used to bolt the front of the new bracket in place. Mine are welded on and no, you can't eliminate it - its an integral part of the bracket. And yeah, I'm gonna rotate the arms 180* and throw in some 90* zerks. Shopteach left them pointing down so I wouldn't have to drop the arms to grease.

metalic

I weld and own a welder however it's only a 140amp 110v. If I had a bigger welder I wouldn't hesitate.

Leaving part of the factory bracket in doesn't bother me as they're close enough to tire and don't hang up much the way it is but I don't want a boat anchor half way up my frame.

Ddays

Hooked
I weld and own a welder however it's only a 140amp 110v. If I had a bigger welder I wouldn't hesitate.

Leaving part of the factory bracket in doesn't bother me as they're close enough to tire and don't hang up much the way it is but I don't want a boat anchor half way up my frame.

Yeah, I agree. Like you said these are close enough to the tire that they really shouldn't get beat up much, especially the front. The rear may take a few hits here or there but its a pretty damn beefy bracket. We shall see I guess.

aTX427

1/2 of the old front lower CA mount is used to bolt the front of the new bracket in place. Mine are welded on and no, you can't eliminate it - its an integral part of the bracket. And yeah, I'm gonna rotate the arms 180* and throw in some 90* zerks. Shopteach left them pointing down so I wouldn't have to drop the arms to grease.

thank you for sharing

Top Bottom