Interior of the Freedom top!

Dave_g

Hey I'm looking for some suggestions on how to get rid of the white top. I think I remember some one posting on one of the forums talking about painting the inside, and I was trying to remember what the spray on rubberized product was called. Any suggestions on either of them would be greatly appreciated.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Not to offend Oscar the Grouch but it's called Plastidip. :cheesy:

There was a writeup on JKF a while back.

hebbron08

Spray paint I did a flat black on the inside. I couldn't stand the white

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Skid_Kid

There was a writeup on JKF a while back.

Hey Farva, what's the name of the restaurant you like with all the goofy stuff on the walls and the mozzarella sticks?

Dave_g

:2thumbsup: not sure I caught the joke besides super troopers, thanks for the help. Wouldn't know who makes the liner would you?

Skid_Kid

:2thumbsup: not sure I caught the joke besides super troopers, thanks for the help. Wouldn't know who makes the liner would you?

Check out Plastidip like MTG said or you could check out Hothead Headliners.

bornjeep

Using spray on pd or spray under coating would work and not cost much. Also, both of these will have a small sound deadening effect.

Hey I'm looking for some suggestions on how to get rid of the white top. I think I remember some one posting on one of the forums talking about painting the inside, and I was trying to remember what the spray on rubberized product was called. Any suggestions on either of them would be greatly appreciated.

:harhar::sFun_tease::bored01:

:worthless:

dont use plasti dip. it sucks.

2012-04-21153241.jpg

2012-04-21153230.jpg

krylon black fusion for plastic. i used the semi gloss and it was a good match to the exterior.

1yellowjk

On my old JKU I took the top off and taped all the windows and rubber parts off, then I scuffed it up with a soft sanding bar. Then hit it with a few coats of Dupicolor Carbon Mist color (lowes/HD $5.99 a can) it looked freaking sweet. Wish I had pictures.

StrizzyChris

You bought a $40,000+ Jeep but $5.95 a can is expensive? :idontknow:

What can i say...there's only 1 Jeep manufacturer and dozens of spray paint/rubber manufacturers! If I know of another Jeep company that is cheaper by $1000 bucks, AND just as good if not better, I'll be the first to recommend them to you as well! Until then, I'm forced to pay 40k+.

Not only is plastidip gonna be a pain in the ass to constantly "redo" because it can easily peel when bumped by accident. But it costs anywhere from $3-$5 more per can. Make that 4 or more cans over an entire top and thats wasting $12-$20 on something you may have to do 2 or more times. But hey, if you like spending more on a product that you may have to redo the task over again, by all means enjoy!

Im def not broke...but just like Prime8(who i dont always agree with, but completely respect for his outright honesty) I'm not wasteful! Plastidip is a good product that I've used in the past, and will again in the future, just not for this application!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Top Bottom