Painting the pinch seem,

bowtech50

Ok, I had the AMP research power steps on my JKU on a trail ride and managed to land on a log pile and smash the step pushing the step motor up into the body. I took the wrecked step and motors off and brought it to a body shop and they put it on a frame rack, welded 2 tabs in the bad area to chain to and managed to pull everything back to almost normal, Paint chipped off the pinch seem and I purchased a can of MOPAR matched paint. Do I need to primer first, and if so what kind? Now you can flame me for using the steps! Mark

rockwell

Ok, I had the AMP research power steps on my JKU on a trail ride and managed to land on a log pile and smash the step pushing the step motor up into the body. I took the wrecked step and motors off and brought it to a body shop and they put it on a frame rack, welded 2 tabs in the bad area to chain to and managed to pull everything back to almost normal, Paint chipped off the pinch seem and I purchased a can of MOPAR matched paint. Do I need to primer first, and if so what kind? Now you can flame me for using the steps! Mark

I'd paint it flat black

Top Bottom