EVO Gussets-Dana 44

TheGoodLife

Seeking some help here or someone to point out my failure. I purchased the EVO C2 gussets for my JKU Rubicon Stock Dana 44 axle.

Before I was planning to take it in I figured I would see how they line up so I could talk to the welder with a bit more confidence that I know what the F$&@ I was talking about.

Anyhow, for the love of god I cannot get these to line up correctly or even look like they are made for this axle. Please point out what I am clearly missing here.

Thanks in advance. IMG_7625.JPG IMG_7626.JPG IMG_7627.JPG IMG_7628.JPG IMG_7629.JPG IMG_7630.JPG IMG_7630.JPG IMG_7632.JPG

J

JKDream

Seeking some help here or someone to point out my failure. I purchased the EVO C2 gussets for my JKU Rubicon Stock Dana 44 axle.

Before I was planning to take it in I figured I would see how they line up so I could talk to the welder with a bit more confidence that I know what the F$&@ I was talking about.

Anyhow, for the love of god I cannot get these to line up correctly or even look like they are made for this axle. Please point out what I am clearly missing here.

Thanks in advance. View attachment 270928 View attachment 270929 View attachment 270930 View attachment 270931 View attachment 270932 View attachment 270933 View attachment 270933 View attachment 270934

Uppers just need a couple taps with a hammer. It's normal, they'll hit the springs when putting them in.
The lowers are hitting your sway bar brackets. The round cut out should fit around the tube.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
There's always a little trimming needed to make those fit right.

As mentioned, your sway bar bracket is in the way on the gusset. It looks like Aev bracket which I also had. I ended up cutting a lot of Aev track bar bracket and ditching the sway bar bracket on the other side and mounting sway bar links in stock location. Eventually I ditched the AEV bracket all along and replaced with synergy which works with the evo gussets with minimal trimming. I also got adjustable sway bar links.

IMG_4166.jpg
IMG_4834.jpg

Top Bottom