Bestop trektop wind noise

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I'm experiencing some annoying wind noise with my used top. Noise starts after hitting 50mph. I have tried readjusting the header bar and adding weather strip to the windshield where the header lays down, which made it better but the noise is still there. Anyone else ever experience this noise and found a solution? I didn't put this top together so maybe there is something I need to look for that may be causing the issue also. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

How much wind noise we talking? Like an extreme amount more so than normal? Mine fluctuates with the day, the weather, the temp, the humidity, where the sun is in the sky, and if the Texas Rangers won the night before.

For starters, id pull the whole thing off, lay everything apart out, download a copy of the instructions, and make sure everything is looks as it should, the re-install from the ground up.

I've had these issues before, they can be fixed!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Maybe it's just the normal noise you should except with a soft top but this is my first experience with a soft top. I have to put the radio on 20 to be able to hear it. It really doesn't bother me that much especially when I have the windows down. I'm more concerned on making it more pleasant for the wife so I can have more jeep time!

Napalm

Maybe it's just the normal noise you should except with a soft top but this is my first experience with a soft top. I have to put the radio on 20 to be able to hear it. It really doesn't bother me that much especially when I have the windows down. I'm more concerned on making it more pleasant for the wife so I can have more jeep time!

This may be only what you are experiencing. It's definately a noticeable noise difference from the hard top but one you'll get used too if you run the softie long enough. It's worth it when it comes to the ease of stripping down, as well as it's one less thing to worry about on the trail. I run a TrekTop NX year round and have for several years.

I also keep my radio about 20 at all times to be able to hear it perfectly, maybe even a little louder. If you have a friend that has a soft top, you may have him ride with you and see if it sounds abnormal to him or not.

J

JKDream

This may be only what you are experiencing. It's definately a noticeable noise difference from the hard top but one you'll get used too if you run the softie long enough. It's worth it when it comes to the ease of stripping down, as well as it's one less thing to worry about on the trail. I run a TrekTop NX year round and have for several years.

I also keep my radio about 20 at all times to be able to hear it perfectly, maybe even a little louder. If you have a friend that has a soft top, you may have him ride with you and see if it sounds abnormal to him or not.

I actually found the sound difference in the cab to be pretty much the same between the two. The stereo just leaked a bit more like having a window open, but having a conversation with someone for example the volume was the same. Better than my previous jeeps where you'd have to scream at eachother lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Are you experiencing any water leaks? That might be the first place I'd look for issues that might be causing noise problems.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Are you experiencing any water leaks? That might be the first place I'd look for issues that might be causing noise problems.
Currently no leaks. In the middle of the top however I can tell there is a little of the fabric that isn't pulled taut. I'll pull it off and see if there is a way to make it tighter. Maybe that's where most of the noise is coming but the seal looks good.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Think I found the problem. I looked at the header and the fabric was really loose and most of the screws were loose. Tightened everything back down and added a fresh strip of weather strip to the edge of the top where it meets the windshield. Hardly any wind noise now.

Top Bottom