Any Opinions on Superlift's JK Suspension???

longarmwj

I have been presented an offer to purchase a Superlift 4 inch lift for the JK at a very inciting price. I know on the Grand Cherokee side of the Jeep world (WK, XK, etc) that Superlift is noted for making very high quality lift kits for those vehicles, but as far as the JK goes, I'm not too sure. Based on what I have seen its simply coils and shocks (Bilstein).

Anybody have any experience with this brand?

nytewlf

I have the 2 inch superlift on mine from the previous owner and it's not bad. I think with the better shocks it would be better. I had the opportunity to drive a jk with the evo kit and it was a much better ride quality. I'm saving to get the 4 inch evo kit because of the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
No knowledge with JKs, but I've installed a lot of these kits on various vehicles about ten years ago. I always thought the kits were pretty complete and instructions were good. We didn't have hardly any comebacks from customers that I recall.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Back in the day, it was the lift Jeep used on their EJS/SEMA builds. If I recall, it was even what Mopar was selling as a standard lift kit for the JK back then. Nothing special but nothing really wrong with it either.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Back in the day, it was the lift Jeep used on their EJS/SEMA builds. If I recall, it was even what Mopar was selling as a standard lift kit for the JK back then. Nothing special but nothing really wrong with it either.

I think that's the last time they made a kit for the JK..

longarmwj

Thanks for the replies guys!!! Good insight. Interesting to know that they were the Mopar lifts for a while. We have a Mopar 4 inch lifted JK on the lot and I keep drooling over how it sits, and I've talked myself into going slightly taller.

I think I am going to go with Evo though. 1: Because I KNOW it will be top shelf quality, and 2: it helps support forum vendors

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the replies guys!!! Good insight. Interesting to know that they were the Mopar lifts for a while. We have a Mopar 4 inch lifted JK on the lot and I keep drooling over how it sits, and I've talked myself into going slightly taller.

I think I am going to go with Evo though. 1: Because I KNOW it will be top shelf quality, and 2: it helps support forum vendors

I've personally installed and run a lot of lifts over the years and can tell you that I'd seriously doubt you'd be disappointed with the EVO kit but if you're really wanting to go taller than 4", it won't be the kit for you. From what I have seen, their kit will give you exactly 4" on a 4-door.

The Cock Father

Although I'm not in the market for a new lift (and when I was didn't even consider Superlift), I've also wondered about them.

I don't know a should that has one, yet they advertise heavily in JP. Always made me curious why so much money spent in advertising when I've never seen one running around...

longarmwj

I've personally installed and run a lot of lifts over the years and can tell you that I'd seriously doubt you'd be disappointed with the EVO kit but if you're really wanting to go taller than 4", it won't be the kit for you. From what I have seen, their kit will give you exactly 4" on a 4-door.
4 inch is as tall as I would ever want to go. My goal is to run 37s max so I know that will be a good combo :thumb:

Benito

Caught the Bug
This is what 3" Evo springs with .5" spacer in the front and 3" Evo spring in the rear looks like with 37s

IMG_4224.jpg

RageKage

DON'T GO TALLER THAN 4"!!!! Lol ask me how I know. But seriously if you want taller by all means it's your jeep, I have a 6 1/2" BDS long arm. And I've been seriously contemplating dropping it down to 4". Higher than 4" there's just much more that has to be replaced, adjusted, lengthened, pinion angles that are ridiculous. The list goes on. At least with 4" you can still get away with some stock parts being left on. At 6 1/2" stock parts are pretty much a no go at this station. Lol
Only stock parts in terms of lifting I have left besides axles are, rear drive shaft (which needs to be replaced before any real wheeling can be done), rear sway bar, front sway bar, and rear track bar (which I just found out needs to be replaced with an adjustable as my rear driver tire is rubbing against the control arm due to the axle shift from lift height)

Last edited:
Top Bottom