Transmission troubles?

FrankenJeeper

So today I've noticed a random ticking from the middle area of my 2010 JK, and I began inspecting things once I got home. It almost sounds like a zip tie to the drive shaft (none there, I checked lol), but is random and at different speeds. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. After looking things over I took off down the road and in 2nd gear, I hear a loud pop, and the jeep will not move in any gear. I can place it in a gear and pop the clutch and nothing. Had someone do that and I squatted down and the driveshaft is not turning. Tried 4H and 4L as well to no avail, had to tow the jeep home. Any ideas of what's happened here? It's a 2010 Jeep Wrangler unlimited sport, 3.8 with 6 speed. Thanks for any insight here.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FrankenJeeper

Stock drive shafts,
The clutch feels normal when pressing and releasing the pedal. Trailering it to a local shop tomorrow afternoon, my mechanic seems to think the clutch disk came apart, that the center ripped away from the rest of the clutch disk. It seems plausible to me, I'm still on the factory clutch at over 200k miles. It's never began to slip so I've never replaced it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am on my third transfer case. The input shaft has stripped the splines twice now. It is on a 13 auto though.

Top Bottom