Rock Krawler LCA Zerk question

USMC Wrangler

I'm really tired of dropping my arms to grease the joints. I'd like to order some low profile zerks and flip the joints around, zerks facing down. Anyone know what size, or if there is a standard size, the Rock Krawler front LCA's take?

WJCO

Meme King
These are the ones I went with for Currie JJs. Not sure if they're the same. The thread is 1/4" x 28. You could always pull one of your existing ones, match it up at the hardware store to find the thread style, then buy/order from there.

Untitled.jpg

WJCO

Meme King

Ddays

Hooked
Just realized ddays may have done this. I think he ran RK arms until recently.

Sorry, I was going to do this but ended up doing the long arm swap before it was time for the next lube. Figured if it didn't work out the worst that could happen was having to easy-out a busted zerk fitting.
If that happened another option would be to install a flush allen head screw & then thread in a grease fitting when its lube time.

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have been running my RK arms for about 3.5 years with no issues (yet🤞🏻). I grease them during each oil change (3,500 to 4,500 miles intervals) and right before I hit the trail to make sure everything moves freely and to help keep water out of the joints' internals.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

USMC Wrangler

How often are you greasing them?

I'm nearly the same as what MattAlpha does. Every 5000 for me. I can't get my grease gun situated the right way, so I have to drop each end.

I have been running my RK arms for about 3.5 years with no issues (yet🤞🏻). I grease them during each oil change (3,500 to 4,500 miles intervals) and right before I hit the trail to make sure everything moves freely and to help keep water out of the joints' internals.

'07 JKUR ... mod'ing never stops...

2011jk

Do you drop your arms to grease? I can't get my grease gun on the zerks, especially on the axle side, with them facing up.

No....I grease them 2x's a year, spray the side whenever I feel like it with WD40.

Repeat they use maybe a thimble of grease at most

Top Bottom