Gears

mikem0141

What's the best gear company? Heard good things about youkon but they r expensive, anything on revolution or g2?

holliewood61

I run yukons in mine. I bought them from east coast gear supply. They gave me a much better deal by calling and talking to them over their online price. Online price was around $260 and i ended up getting them for around $150 a set

Sent from my LGLS991 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
I went with g2 gears and axles shafts. But It just took a month to get a stub shaft replace. Sure as hell hope it wouldn't take that long to get a replacement gears. I'd go with a different company. I think I read somewhere that revolutions are heat treated which makes them stronger.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
I went with g2 gears and axles shafts. But It just took a month to get a stub shaft replace. Sure as hell hope it wouldn't take that long to get a replacement gears. I'd go with a different company. I think I read somewhere that revolutions are heat treated which makes them stronger.

I think all gear sets are heat treated but the process may differ between companies. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but these particular D44 gear sets come from one foundry in Korea and the companies
that purchase them all heat treat differently. Plus warranties and how they handle them are different between brands so be aware of that.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Think all gears are coming from the same factory in Korea. Yukon is advertised as single polished/lapped and comes with a 1 year warranty. Revolution is double polished/lapped and comes with a 2 year warranty. I'm probably going with revolution when I regear in the next month or two

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Think all gears are coming from the same factory in Korea. Yukon is advertised as single polished/lapped and comes with a 1 year warranty. Revolution is double polished/lapped and comes with a 2 year warranty. I'm probably going with revolution when I regear in the next month or two

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Some come from Korea, some from Italy, and some from India.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think all gear sets are heat treated but the process may differ between companies. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but these particular D44 gear sets come from one foundry in Korea and the companies
that purchase them all heat treat differently. Plus warranties and how they handle them are different between brands so be aware of that.

The company is called Cha and their logo is a circle with a K in it. Pretty much every gear I have seen in the past had this logo on it. Granted, things may have changed.

Top Bottom