Jeep won't start but has power

Blacksheep4x4

Hi all, my first post other then introducing,
We have a 2012 Jeep JK, my wife comes home and says it was making a weird noise while sitting in the drive through after starting it, Go to take a look and it won't start, but I have power everywhere there needs to be. I tried cycling from park to N to park to no avail, figured ok may be starter gotta wait till the morning, I come out to it today and it fires right up, made the weird noise on start up then goes away. Any ideas what this could be?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Blacksheep4x4

The only thing I've recently added was a cab radio, but that was months ago, and its to the battery directly. Haven't changed or done anything to the grounds on fenders.

Blacksheep4x4

It does have the factory security system, I read online that it might be the chip in the key fob not letting it start the vehicle, but then it starts right up this morning.

JKU Arizona

Hi all, my first post other then introducing,
We have a 2012 Jeep JK, my wife comes home and says it was making a weird noise while sitting in the drive through after starting it, Go to take a look and it won't start, but I have power everywhere there needs to be. I tried cycling from park to N to park to no avail, figured ok may be starter gotta wait till the morning, I come out to it today and it fires right up, made the weird noise on start up then goes away. Any ideas what this could be?

I had the same issue with my started a few weeks ago. Might want to replace before you drive it. something inside mine went bad causing the shaft not to turn the flywheel. I tested it at home and everything tested out fine i think the clutch unit is what's making that noise. I had to drop my transmission for the 3rd time in 2 weeks (not fun during the AZ summer) The clutch drive has small roller bearing balls mine actually shot 3 of them inside my transmission housing causing other damage (crank position sensor broke) and not knowing it was my started making that grinding noise I dropped the transmission again to take another look inside after i found those bearings inside the housing.

J

JKDream

Have you recently added any electrical accessories to your Jeep and hooked it up to one of the factory grounds on the fenders?

Is there an issue with doing this? I used a couple for my lockers and whatnot instead of running them all to the battery.

Top Bottom