Vacuum Relocation

Where have you guys relocated your vacuum when you put your aftermarket bumper on? I wanna get my bumper on soon and not really wanting to pay for a $50 piece of metal/ wait for it to ship when I can just zip-tie it or bolt it somewhere else..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cashin

Where have you guys relocated your vacuum when you put your aftermarket bumper on? I wanna get my bumper on soon and not really wanting to pay for a $50 piece of metal/ wait for it to ship when I can just zip-tie it or bolt it somewhere else..

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
On mine I cut the bracket and clocked it enough to clear the bumper.Then fabbed a mount out of scrap to reattach.

Sent from my LG-P769 using WAYALIFE mobile app

USA2dr

Just made a simple bracket that fits in the engine compartment...just looked at some pictures on line and cut my own, pretty simple and saves money.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

The issue with my bumper was the winch plate hitting the top of the pump. So I cut off and drilled out the studs holding the pump. Got some bolts and some spaces and relocated it to the same brackets dropping it down a couple inches. Not sure if this would work out for you bumper... good luck.

vcmpmp.jpg

Last edited:

Spazbyt

Hooked
Sandwiched mine between the frame and sway bar. Its just a thin plate of aluminum that I bent up to clear the sway bar. I will be replacing it with a Evo Relocation Bracket when I install the winch though.
upside down.jpg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I just bought a nice powdercoated bracket that is up under the hood, it was 20 bucks. I wouldn't have paid more than that for one, $50 would be stupid expensive for all that it amounts to.

Breer

Caught the Bug
Threw on a ROCK HARD vacuum pump relocation bracket today. Awesome product! Not super expensive either so it was an easy decision. I tried to "bend it" a little and it just lifted the whole Jeep!

I really like how it keeps the pump in the same vicinity as OEM, and I was able to get it up enough to almost be flush with the bottom of my bumper. I don't have a skid below my front bumper and I cut my crash bar off so the vacuum pump was kinda vulnerable I felt like. Sometimes parking at the mall there were concrete jersey barriers just itching to hit the vacuum pump and the hose that is on the bottom when it's in the stock location.
IMG_20170816_123755.jpg

Tiny bit still sitting below the bumper but not noticeable after bending it up a little. On the off chance someone does this, be careful of the pump pushing into the transmission cooler.
IMG_20170816_123812.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I made a engine compartment relocation bracket out of some scrap. Some of the other solutions sown are probably much easier and efficient but this is what id did.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458158179.174922.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458158123.379756.jpg

Top Bottom