Coil springs for FT Long Arm 4"

Overland1406

Hello!
I have a FT Long Arm 4" on wrangler Rubicon JK 2 dr and I would like to change because are soft.
I think about Teraflex or other... what do you recommend?

Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!
I have a FT Long Arm 4" on wrangler Rubicon JK 2 dr and I would like to change because are soft.
I think about Teraflex or other... what do you recommend?

Thanks

I assume that English isn't your first language so I might be missing something here. What exactly is "soft"? If you are referring to your ride, you might just need to replace your coils and/or shocks. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater unless there is something else wrong with the kit you have.

rinkishjk

Baby with the bathwater.... He is gonna be totally lost!
Like Eddie said maybe u just need better shocks for your setup..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Baby with the bathwater.... He is gonna be totally lost!
Like Eddie said maybe u just need better shocks for your setup..

:doh: Maybe meatball with the pasta? :idontknow:

Just kidding just kidding - my wife is part Italian :D

Overland1406

I assume that English isn't your first language so I might be missing something here. What exactly is "soft"? If you are referring to your ride, you might just need to replace your coils and/or shocks. No need to throw out the baby with the bathwater unless there is something else wrong with the kit you have.

Hello Eddie
The Long Arm ( Full traction) 4" have a Fox shocks but the coils are too flexible.
The coils by Full Traction

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Eddie
The Long Arm ( Full traction) 4" have a Fox shocks but the coils are too flexible.
The coils by Full Traction

Ah, okay, so you're wanting coils that are more firm. If that's the case, you have a lot of options and TeraFlex coils might be what you're wanting as they are really firm. Old Man Emu also has some good coils in different rates that you might want to look at as well. They are more international and you might have better luck getting them for less too.

Overland1406

Ah, okay, so you're wanting coils that are more firm. If that's the case, you have a lot of options and TeraFlex coils might be what you're wanting as they are really firm. Old Man Emu also has some good coils in different rates that you might want to look at as well. They are more international and you might have better luck getting them for less too.
Teraflex may be...OME I don't like

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For your wife.... "Spaghetti con sugo"...good!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:cheesy: molto divertente

Currie Coil Springs Vs Teraflex??

Of the two, I would go with the Currie. Another similar coil to the Currie is the AEV coil. I know you guys in Italy do some good wheeling and if you're one of them, I might not go with either as they are dual rate coils and they don't offer much compression.

I have never run Currie, but my old Teraflex coils offers a pretty harsh ride. I would not do Teraflex again, I would choose something else.

I have run both and the Curries offered a nice ride on pavement but simply didn't offer up much stuff. The TF coils were a bit too firm for my taste too.

kimer82

I also have the 6" lift and the coils are very very stiff...
can you recommand any 6" softer coils for the jk ?

Top Bottom