Rock Krawler 3.5 Springs

J

JKDream

Having some issues with my current springs constantly unseating as they've become quite sagged.
I've looked at EVO's - but have heard quite a few poor reviews when mixed with Fox Shocks.
There doesn't appear to be any solid way to mount retainers on my ProRock since the spring buckets are so low profile.
So I'm thinking of just replacing them - couple of questions for those of you with these springs.
What lift did you actually net? I'm looking for the 3-3.5 mark at most.
How's the ride quality? They seem quite tall, and I'm assuming this is from the triple rate design - which would solve a lot of my issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JKDream

Good luck with whatever you decide, but if you haven't seen this recent thread, it may save you some money. This post is what I did for about 30 bucks and it works fine. I'm referring to the lower ones.

https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/47288-Spring-retainers?p=929499&viewfull=1#post929499

Thanks, I was looking at that the other day.
I think yours isn't using the same bucket as mine though?
Either way I think I'm just going to replace them - mine are Zone at the moment, and while they've served me well, they're tired to say the least.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks, I was looking at that the other day.
I think yours isn't using the same bucket as mine though?
Either way I think I'm just going to replace them - mine are Zone at the moment, and while they've served me well, they're tired to say the least.

Looks like my perch is taller, so you'd likely have to fabricate a lower retainer. Either way, sounds like your springs may be at the end of their life regardless.

Ddays

Hooked
I still have RK 3.5" on mine going on 2 years. You'll net more than 3.5" though. I'm at 4" now with all of the evo stuff and 37" spare. Fronts the same. I'm happy with them. Rides pretty decent. Not like the plush rides from what I've read but I prefer these as we're looking to get a travel trailer. Hopefully they don't sag too much.

Edit: By saying the rides decent, I originally had the Rubicon Express springs which rode really stiff. I'm also running Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks and they pair really well together IMHO. We'll see how they do with King 2.5's - I needed shorter shocks since my LA install & hope they help with trailer towing duties.

Last edited:
J

JKDream

I still have RK 3.5" on mine going on 2 years. You'll net more than 3.5" though. I'm at 4" now with all of the evo stuff and 37" spare. Fronts the same. I'm happy with them. Rides pretty decent. Not like the plush rides from what I've read but I prefer these as we're looking to get a travel trailer. Hopefully they don't sag too much.

Edit: By saying the rides decent, I originally had the Rubicon Express springs which rode really stiff. I'm also running Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks and they pair really well together IMHO. We'll see how they do with King 2.5's - I needed shorter shocks since my LA install & hope they help with trailer towing duties.

Good to know, our rigs are very similar. I was a bit worried about netting more lift, I'm at 3.25" at the moment with my spring sag.
The height looks great, but my springs are constantly dropping out in the front when flexed out.
You have the same shocks as me too - do your springs unseat in the front?
I was thinking an EVO 4" might work as well - assuming they are quite long due to the soft spring rate.

Ddays

Hooked
Good to know, our rigs are very similar. I was a bit worried about netting more lift, I'm at 3.25" at the moment with my spring sag.
The height looks great, but my springs are constantly dropping out in the front when flexed out.
You have the same shocks as me too - do your springs unseat in the front?
I was thinking an EVO 4" might work as well - assuming they are quite long due to the soft spring rate.

Nope, the fronts don't unseat only the rears. But keep in mind that's after the LA install. Before that I never had any issues unseating. In fact the front drooped like crazy.
If you're on standard arms you should be fine with the RK springs if you go that route

TheGrendel

Metalcloak will ride decently with the fox shocks. Has tons of free length.

Synergy 3 inch will net more then 3 and I believe are little softer than the MCs.

Metalcloak has free shipping until 7 pm pacific right now. That's usually the best deal you will get with them.

good luck.

Top Bottom