Maintenance questions

Nick Zambo

So I have a few questions that I was not able to find answers on. I am sure that some of you guys/gals maybe wondering as well. The first of two questions are when should the spark plugs on the 3.6l be changed? Has anyone done it pros/cons and at what mileage? Second question is, at what point due you change the fuel filter. My understanding is, that it is located in the tank and is part of the fuel pump. Correct me if I am wrong about the fuel pump.

Thanks look forward to hearing back.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If the filter is in the tank, there is usually no service interval on it, you just change it if you have a problem. Not sure on the plugs.

BobNH

The plug interval is almost certainly in the owners manual. If you didn't get ine, they are easy to find and download. The fuel filter may be noted in there as well. This is the case with my 08, plugs being 102k and yes, fuel filter in tank and may need to be changed frequently if an excessive amount of dirt gets in the tank. So no real interval, just corrective action.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I have a few questions that I was not able to find answers on. I am sure that some of you guys/gals maybe wondering as well. The first of two questions are when should the spark plugs on the 3.6l be changed? Has anyone done it pros/cons and at what mileage? Second question is, at what point due you change the fuel filter. My understanding is, that it is located in the tank and is part of the fuel pump. Correct me if I am wrong about the fuel pump.

Thanks look forward to hearing back.

Plugs are usually a good thing to do around 40k miles. Some manufacturers will specify differently but it's just a good rule of thumb.

For the fuel filter Jeep specifies it as a "lifetime" filter.

Nick Zambo

Some dealers are saying 60k miles and others are saying 96k miles for the plugs. Nothing about the fuel filters. But it sure looks like a time consuming job to replace the driver side plugs from the research I did.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Some dealers are saying 60k miles and others are saying 96k miles for the plugs. Nothing about the fuel filters. But it sure looks like a time consuming job to replace the driver side plugs from the research I did.

Driver side plugs are easy, it's the back passenger one (#3) that's a little on the tough side

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
I am at 58k an plugs definitely will get done when I get to 60k plus tcase and transmission fluid.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just did my t-case couple weeks ago, the fluid still looked good after about 50k miles. For the transmission I had a flush done by the dealer at 34K, I'll probably just try to do this every 30k miles, at least form what I read on here that's what you suppose to do on a trans.

JKbrick

I just did my t-case couple weeks ago, the fluid still looked good after about 50k miles. For the transmission I had a flush done by the dealer at 34K, I'll probably just try to do this every 30k miles, at least form what I read on here that's what you suppose to do on a trans.

Could you squirt the fluid up into the transfer case with your new pressure power bleeder?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
If you save the pointy caps that come on gear oil quarts, you don't even need a pump. You can put it right on the atf4 quarts and squirt it in. Those little things are really handy to keep around.

thombull

Damn, I am about 51k miles now... I better look into this soon. Thanks for sharing
No problem and for info see my good friend Tony's A.K.A. "JeepFan" write up.....07-11 sparkplug replacement.... My Jeep was having a little bit of a on and off rough idle. I was in the process of changing out my cracked manifolds for headers. I went ahead and replaced the plugs and wires while I was at it. It solved the problem.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Stotch

Caught the Bug
If you save the pointy caps that come on gear oil quarts, you don't even need a pump. You can put it right on the atf4 quarts and squirt it in. Those little things are really handy to keep around.
Haha I thought I was the only one! Way easier than a pump.

Top Bottom