Remote start fail

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Hey all, I've got a 2016 JKUHR, it came with remote start and recently I've been having an intermittent problem with it. I use the remote, get in and put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the run position. When I shift into drive the engine shuts off.
Has anyone encountered this problem? I don't see this problem on the net. I could take it to the dealership but until the fall I work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and there just isn't any time....

Thanks

BobNH

Read and reread the steps in the manual, then read them again, and have someone else do the steps. My first guess is you changed up one seemingly minor part of your routine that conflicts with the procedure.
There are countless things these damn fobs do per the book and it only takes one wrong twist to cause you to have to reset a condition, like say unlock all doors with one click, or all doors unlock when opening the drivers door from the inside, etc.
Good luck, hope it is as simple as changing a step in your routine.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Hey all, I've got a 2016 JKUHR, it came with remote start and recently I've been having an intermittent problem with it. I use the remote, get in and put the key in the ignition and turn the key to the run position. When I shift into drive the engine shuts off.
Has anyone encountered this problem? I don't see this problem on the net. I could take it to the dealership but until the fall I work 16 hours a day, 7 days a week and there just isn't any time....

Thanks

You might try disconnecting the battery. Sometimes that's all that is needed to eliminate screwy issues.

BeechAV8R

You might try disconnecting the battery. Sometimes that's all that is needed to eliminate screwy issues.

My theory is: Remote start doesn't want to work if battery is on the weak or low side. ARB fridge has been draining battery pretty good during the day and
remote wont work. Once the battery is fully charged remote works. (2015 Unlimited Sahara).

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
My theory is: Remote start doesn't want to work if battery is on the weak or low side. ARB fridge has been draining battery pretty good during the day and
remote wont work. Once the battery is fully charged remote works. (2015 Unlimited Sahara).
Have ya set the voltage reg. on the fridge to keep it from killing the battery ? My fridge has been in the jeep 24/7 since i got it and ive yet to have any trouble with remote start .. of course i also run a cord out to it when home in order to prevent battery draw .which if your not doing you may want to give a go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I found on a FB JKHR page someone suggested maybe,
if when I turn the key I go too fast to put it in drive and the computer hasn't finished it's check... I'll try that later tonight... hopefully it's that easy.

thombull

/\/\/\ That's what I was thinking also..... I was having a problem with mine but come to find out it wasn't a problem at all. When the fuel level is too low and you try to use the remote start it will start up and run for about a minute but it will then shut off. I learned that it was designed that way so you know you don't run out of fuel.

Sent from my QMV7A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom