PR44 and Engine/Tranny skids

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Curious what skids people are running that have a PR44 up front? I just installed my axle and had interference between my JCR skid and the large rib on the pumpkin of the axle housing. This one.

IMG_1460.jpg

I really don't want to trim the rib like mentioned. Looks like the Proteks would fit. Rock Hard looks like it may have the same problem I have with my JCR skid. Couldn't find anything searching so I'm just looking for some first hand advice. Here's a shitty pic of the clearance I had prior to removing the existing skid plate.

IMG_1448.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Ive got the EVO skid on my oil pan and tranny. Zero clearance issues. The engine skid covers the oil pan so there isn't any place for it to hit anything.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ive got the EVO skid on my oil pan and tranny. Zero clearance issues. The engine skid covers the oil pan so there isn't any place for it to hit anything.

Same here. Evo skids with no clearance issues at all

Speedy_RCW

Hooked

Same here. Evo skids with no clearance issues at all

Thanks guys, that's probably the route I'll end up going. The only other one I saw that looked slim enough is the Artec system but they're a little too proud of it.

tgoss

Vouch for both evo and rockhard skids.... Was conveniently under 2 rigs last sat and saw no issues with clearance on either :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
EVO is as small as they come and really, all you really need unless you really suck at picking good lines or never use a spotter. Hell, I don't even run a skid on Moby but then, I'm just a mall crawler. Lots of guys run Rock Hard too without any problems.

MacRubi2

I first had one of those big skids that mount up to the motor mounts.... to me it looked like a big ass road grader scoop.

I installed it and then pulled it back off because of it just not having the clearance both in ground and axle etc.

I now have the Pro techs for the oil pan and tranny and they are awesome. Just enough protection and doesn't interfere with anything.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks for all the input guys. I think I'll be going with the EVO skids. The transmission is just too exposed for me to feel comfortable not running anything at all. Thanks again.

Top Bottom