Tonneau cover

Hammmerhead

Anyone run one of these on a 4 door? I just put one on and was wondering why there is no lip to keep the water from running off of it behind the rear seats ? It seems like they would come up with an extension or riser that zips on to take care of this. Anyone have any mods to fix this?

boardsurfer

Can you slide it forward at all? Mine is just a two door, but it doesnt have a lip built in, it just fits in a way that makes it tight behind the seats.

IMG_20170812_191054.jpg

Hammmerhead

I have a 4 door and it doesn't touch the back of seats like yours. If I could somehow recline the rear seats like you have on your fronts that might help. I have about an inch or so gap. It would be nice if they made a collar that zipped on at least just to keep the runoff out. They make an extension panel that zips on and lays flat when the rear seats are folded down, but I don't really know what use that actually offers. I have a childs seat in the back and couldn't use it anyway. Its like a dang funnel when its parked and just dumps it all behind the rear seats. Bummer

WJCO

Meme King
Not sure if it would solve the probably, but warpig off-road makes a rear seat recliner kit that tilts the rear part of the back seat about an inch. Keeps the kids more comfortable too.

GraniteCrystal

Could you add a strap to it in the middle of that edge? Run it up to the rear roll bar and tighten. It should pull the center of that edge up, causing any rain to run off the sides.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hammmerhead

There are a couple of loops sewn in below that zipper on the cover. I was think that an aluminum bar spanning across and running through those loops might help. Like something used on the Bestops NX soft tops.

Its not that big of a deal, but it seems like Bestop would have noticed this problem right off the bat. A bikini top and an effective tonneau that didn't funnel water would be great for open air running and keeping the water out in all but the blow-in water from the rear

Last edited:
Top Bottom