2013 TMPS Reset

Skid_Kid

Just thought I would share my experience today to help out others.

Got my first oil change and tire rotation today. Being a good dealership they did all 5 tires. Drove about 20 minutes and shut Betty down to go into the store. After starting her back up and driving for about 15 minutes more the TPMS light came on, the right front pressure reading "--" dashed out. I called the dealership and asked what to do. They stated just keep driving for 20 min and it will reset. Pulled over to read the manual and it stated the same. Drove home, which is 45 min away and the light stayed on, right front stayed "dashed out" and the system stated "Service TPM System". Called my dad when I got home, he is a master auto mechanic. He said I have to have the vehicle off for about 20 minutes, and then go drive for about 20 minutes above 15 miles an hour. After the 20 minutes shut the vehicle off again and start it up about 5 minutes later and the system should reset, which it did.

The User Guide from the Jeep website does state similar steps. But does not state to shut it down for 20 minutes. It says that it should just basically reset on its own.

Last edited:
Top Bottom