Rear e-locker won't disengage.

WillMooseJaw

I'm having trouble with my rear rubicon e-locker not disengaging after wheeling. I turn it off and the light flashes on the dash, but the locker is still engaged.. Anybody else have this issue?

MTG

Caught the Bug
I'm having trouble with my rear rubicon e-locker not disengaging after wheeling. I turn it off and the light flashes on the dash, but the locker is still engaged.. Anybody else have this issue?

This is a sign of it going bad. :grayno: I haven't done it myself, but I believe you can disengage it manually, but using a screwdriver inserted through the diff fill hole and moving the "button" over. I'll see if I have a pic on my phone that helps.

MTG

Caught the Bug
In this pic. The little silver part above the e-locker wire needs to be pushed to the passenger side. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1360979064.501721.jpg

Sorry I can't be of more help. Someone will chime in that has done it. :)

WillMooseJaw

I thought It might be a sign of it going bad...... :grayno: I'll go see if I can manually disengage it like you said.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Worked like a charm! Thanks for the help! Probably going to do a diff service tomorrow and see how that helps. :thumb:

Excellent! My internet wheeling skills are great! :thumb: :cheesy:

What size tires are you running and for how long?

WillMooseJaw

Excellent! My internet wheeling skills are great! :thumb: :cheesy:

What size tires are you running and for how long?

I've had my 2011 JKUR since November of 2010 with 37" KM2's and 5.13 gears. Got 32000 miles on it and the tires! Haven't been able to wheel as much as I'd like to because of being a full time student. When these KM2's run out I'm going to go for some trail graps or toyo m/T's. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I've had my 2011 JKUR since November of 2010 with 37" KM2's and 5.13 gears. Got 32000 miles on it and the tires! Haven't been able to wheel as much as I'd like to because of being a full time student. When these KM2's run out I'm going to go for some trail graps or toyo m/T's. :yup:

You might be on borrowed time on the factory e-locker. :idontknow: They do not hold up forever with 37s and bigger.

WillMooseJaw

You might be on borrowed time on the factory e-locker. :idontknow: They do not hold up forever with 37s and bigger.

I haven't used it that often so I hope it'll last at least a little while longer. The dealer replaced my friend's locker under warranty though and he's on 37's as well! Hope he likes me that much too. LOL

MTG

Caught the Bug
I haven't used it that often so I hope it'll last at least a little while longer. The dealer replaced my friend's locker under warranty though and he's on 37's as well! Hope he likes me that much too. LOL

Good luck! I hope so too! 👍

What are you studying?

WillMooseJaw

Good luck! I hope so too! 👍

What are you studying?

Biochemistry Pre-Med. Plan is to go to medical school. And become an Ophthalmologist (eye surgeon). Then go on medical missions to countries with people that don't receive medical care and need cataract surgery in order to see and make a living. And when I'm not doing that, building my Jeep up! :yup:

Tackerdown

Banned
very noble :thumb: good luck.
not really a hijack but is there any kind of a maintenance other than fluid that would help prolong e locks. I don't see how you could do anything but thought id ask.

WillMooseJaw

very noble :thumb: good luck.
not really a hijack but is there any kind of a maintenance other than fluid that would help prolong e locks. I don't see how you could do anything but thought id ask.

I'm not sure what part of the locker actually fails, but tomorrow I'm going to pull the diff cover and spray the inside with brake cleaner and hopefully a good cleaning and service the locker will start disengaging again. :idontknow:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Biochemistry Pre-Med. Plan is to go to medical school. And become an Ophthalmologist (eye surgeon). Then go on medical missions to countries with people that don't receive medical care and need cataract surgery in order to see and make a living. And when I'm not doing that, building my Jeep up! :yup:

Good for you! :thumb: Study hard and go forth and do good things. I always say, live like a student while in school or you'll live like one when you are out. LOL! And while your goals are laudable, unless you are a trust fund baby, be sure to remember to pay yourself first. :thumb:

Good luck with that locker!

WillMooseJaw

Good for you! :thumb: Study hard and go forth and do good things. I always say, live like a student while in school or you'll live like one when you are out. LOL! And while your goals are laudable, unless you are a trust fund baby, be sure to remember to pay yourself first. :thumb:

Good luck with that locker!

LOL! Not a trust fund baby! Worked my butt off for the full ride to college and used the "transportation" money to get a jeep! :yup: And I feel once I get out of school in 8 years I'm going to be dropping whatever new jeep they have off at offroad evolution. :thumb: A little gift to myself.

Tackerdown

Banned
I'm not sure what part of the locker actually fails, but tomorrow I'm going to pull the diff cover and spray the inside with brake cleaner and hopefully a good cleaning and service the locker will start disengaging again. :idontknow:

I'm guessing that standard maintenance is all that can really be done.

Top Bottom