Sound proof (mat) install, anyone out there (on here) did an install?

glen5264

Hey there

Thinking about sound proofing my doors on my jku. Right now they have a tin ey sound when closing. I am wondering if the sound proof mat will give a more solid thud close and help with other road noise issues. I am not talking about for sound system quality, overall quite and solid sounding jeep.

So anyone do such an install?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FLKEYSJK

I didn't do it on a jeep but I did it to my f-350 doors, it made a much bigger difference than I was expecting, the door felt much more solid when closing and it removed any rattles I heard when driving down bumpy roads. I used some cheap stuff off amazon called Noico and it's does a good job without killing your wallet. I might do my dads jeep for him and I'll post up the results if I do.

SDG

Caught the Bug
I know three people who have done it. Def makes the doors seem more solid... because... they are... adds maybe 10 lbs per door? They did the whole tub too so really cut down on the sound. I think they used dynomat?

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I doubt doing just the doors will help with road noise a ton. If you do the whole jeep, it'll help for sure. I've been in a few jeeps with it and it's noticeable.

Why would you want more of a thud when closing the door anyway?

jeeeep

Hooked
I installed the Dynomax Evolution Competition muffler on my 2010 and it was a lot louder than I expected. I also have a hard top so the drone at 65mph was noticeable and had to turn up the music louder but with the drone still sucked.

I was ready to remove the muffler but remembered I had a box of Boom Mat sitting around for a couple of years. Since I was running out of time for a road trip, I just laid it under the carpet - I did lay it so it covered most all the floor front and rear and it made a noticeable difference.

Still not sure if I'll stick it to the floor. I've thought about sticking it to the underside of the carpet but I think sticking it to the floor would cut the noise a bit more since it's designed to eliminate the metal vibration.

For now it's just laid under the carpet and it works.

glen5264

Reason why I ask. Is with the windows open and closing the door there is such a tinny sound. I already have the hardtop headliner and that made a huge difference on road noise. My Jeep has a tough appearance and then closing the doors with windows open it sounds like an old Chevette. Luxury is luxury. This is solely for rock hard solid feel and sound. I will give it a try due to the results posted above from others. I will give some feedback when I'm done.

Thanks. [emoji41]

glen5264

Reason why I ask. Is with the windows open and closing the door there is such a tinny sound. I already have the hardtop headliner and that made a huge difference on road noise. My Jeep has a tough appearance and then closing the doors with windows open it sounds like an old Chevette. Luxury is luxury. This is solely for rock hard solid feel and sound. I will give it a try due to the results posted above from others. I will give some feedback when I'm done.

Thanks. [emoji41]

Top Bottom