Rubicon locker wire clip to axle

Eroc147

So while cleaning the Jeep up I noticed the front locker wire just dangling on the passenger side. Doesn't seem to be damaged as far as the wire goes but I broke half of the clip that holds it to the axle. Is this common? I have it halfway back on there now and it seems to be holding, atleast around town. Is this common, do i need longer wires? I only have a 2.5 RK lift. I could take a pic but it would just look normal now that I slid it back on the half of the clip that's still there. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eroc147

I'm not worried about reattaching it. I'm worried that the next time it gets tight and if I do zip tie it that it will damage the wires. If there was enough pressure to pull it off the clip. That make sense?

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm not worried about reattaching it. I'm worried that the next time it gets tight and if I do zip tie it that it will damage the wires. If there was enough pressure to pull it off the clip. That make sense?

my PR44 has no mount holes to attach the connector too, I haven't had any issues just letting it hang. :idontknow: I wouldn't worry about it at all so long as you have enough slack in the wiring up to the first mount on the frame to allow for the additional travel of your shocks... Just my opinion of course. :thumb:

J

JKDream

What I did when swapping my PR in, was add one of those retractable key swipe thingys.
I just mounted it to the frame and it holds up the wires - if it catches tension it just extends.
Works well and keeps them out of harms way as we have a ton of overgrown brush here.

Eroc147

What I did when swapping my PR in, was add one of those retractable key swipe thingys.
I just mounted it to the frame and it holds up the wires - if it catches tension it just extends.
Works well and keeps them out of harms way as we have a ton of overgrown brush here.

Like the thing people use to clip their ID badges to on their belt loop? With the retractable thing? Man, glad this is in the technical forum.

J

JKDream

Like the thing people use to clip their ID badges to on their belt loop? With the retractable thing? Man, glad this is in the technical forum.

Yup!

Works pretty well. I had the locker wires pulled out of the diff a couple times because I had to run them pretty long for my shocks.
This was a much better solution to replacing the clips. Hasn't happened since.

Top Bottom