P0520

xrocknrollx

So, I know this subject has been discussed many times on here. Had the code pop today. Main question, is it safe to drive with the sensor out?

Jeep has 21k and was about due for an oil change so I changed it tonight, cleared code at same time. Took for a quick drive after oil change and pressure gauge is reading 99psi steady but no code, no ticking... Was supposed to go camping tomorrow morning just trying to decide if I take the Jeep or play it safe and take my DD camping and just ride with friends on the trail?

chillishvibes

Oil pressure sensor

I drove my JK for about a month before it was replaced as my dealership was very busy and didn't feel it was a serious issue. Mine actually went out a little while after my last oil change. I blatantly asked the guy who informed me of the code if it was safe to drive and he said yes but if anything goes wrong, get it fixed immediately. I don't trust the dealerships as they had no idea how to put my freedom panels on and left her topless all night :crazyeyes:

I trust my uncle who is very venerable in the vehicle world. He informed me that since the light that came on was orange, it is not a big deal. It just means to check it out because something is tripping the sensor up. If the light were red on the other hand, you are in some deep trouble.

Don't worry about it but don't take over a month to get it fixed in case it becomes a bigger problem ;)

IMG_9104.jpg

Stef, 2014 JK MORVA

Top Bottom