MOAB trip_March 16, 2013_Anyone gonna be there?

Smedzjk

So my wife and I have finally been able to get some time to take the (recently lifted) Jeep down to Moab and run a trail or two. My wife is a bit nervous about it because as of right now, there is no one else that we know that is going to be there with us. I've tried to assure her that there will be plenty of other 4X4's there and that she has nothing to worry about. I don't think that she has completely bought into the fact that Jeep owners are a family and that we help each other out whenever we can. I would love to hear of any other Jeepers that plan to be in Moab the weekend of 15-17 March. I realize that it's the weekend before 2013 EJS, but I figure that there will be at least a few others there on this weekend. We plan to do Poison Spider and and Golden Spike, so hopefully we will see some fellow 'Project-JK and Wayalife' members while we're there.:clap2:

StrizzyChris

My only recommendation is to see if u can find lodging now! The week of EJS is difficult to find. I wanted to go last year(just to be there and watch some of the crazy rigs hit the hard stuff) but couldn't find a place to stay nearby

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Smedzjk

I was able to find a reasonably priced hotel in Green River for that weekend. It's only about a 45 min drive from Moab.

JHP81

Hope you find someone to wheel with during your stay in Moab because some of these trails are very isolated, you wouldn't want to be caught with something broken with no one else to help. I am in Moab right now and was able to find someone to wheel with online to run some trails. We ran the golden spike today and there was absolutely NO ONE on the trail! except for couple dirt bikers on the Golden Bar:thinking: It felt as we rented the whole trail out to ourselves! Even though it was good since we didn't have to wait for anyone else and lose our precious time but in the same time, I wished we've met some other folks running so we could watch.

sundaydriver

You'll be fine. Everyone down there is ready to help. My family and I go down every year. Never hard to find someone/group to tag along with. We're going down in May. Can't wait. Have a good time. I'm in South Jordan, were do you wheel local?

Top Bottom