Fusion D60/44 hybrid and semi float D60 rear combo

wjtstudios

Hooked
Does anyone have or seen the Fusion D60/44 hybrid and semi float D60 rear combo? I'm close to pulling the trigger for my PR44/60 combo but and just checking out everything prior to the investment. Dynatrac is the standard that everything is measured against and as I ran all the numbers to compare the two sets, they are close with the PRs about a grand more. But the fusion from what I can tell on their website is more similar to the PR44/60 hybrid. Fusions other products are great and they are located here in the motor city near me which is a plus. Thanks for the insight!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JLE21

It's the reverse of the PR44 hybrid. Instead of outer Dana60 components the fusion4x4 has a dana60 center section but your able to reuse your stock outer and steering components. There aren't any real reviews out since their fairly new axles

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
It's the reverse of the PR44 hybrid. Instead of outer Dana60 components the fusion4x4 has a dana60 center section but your able to reuse your stock outer and steering components. There aren't any real reviews out since their fairly new axles

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using WAYALIFE mobile app

Great point! They are new, I haven't found anything on them. I may end up driving down and looking at them first hand.

JeepJeep75

My opinion of my front d44 in my Rubi is the housing is the weakest part. I have a manual trans and I try to baby it by keeping the rpm's down and using low gears to climb obstacles. I try to avoid "bumping" it up things as much as possible. After only 30,000 miles with 35's, all the plug welds around the front diff are cracked and leaking fluid. Just returned from a two week trip in CO and now the rear plug welds are cracked and starting to leak. I guess my opinion of "wheeling hard" differs greatly from the jeeps opinion....[emoji849]

OhNoTheJiggies

Serious question. What is the weaker link on a d44? Do more guys break inner or outer components?

I've seen people knuckles, axle u joints/shafts, and an axle tube once... never personally seen anyone break the innards of their 44. If you have it set up stupidly where the weakest link is your ring and pinion then I'm sure that'll break sooner. But you wouldn't wanna do that... duh lol[emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
When I priced them out it was around 10k with shipping. I'd save the extra 2k and get pr60s and have real one ton axles. I looked at their rear and theirs a couple hundred difference than the pro rock and would rather get the pro rock and not test something new. Just my two cents.

wjtstudios

Hooked
All good points. I'm for sure going to stay with a 44 front to maintain my OEM front hubs and unit bearings. It is on my daily driver, and where I build most of my homes in Michigan I am in and out of 4wd a lot thru the winter. Having to get out and lock the hubs is not an option. With that said I want to upgrade everything from hubs back and the D60/44 seems to do that. I agree on going towards the tried and true Prorocks, I hate being a guinea pig! I do that enough on the trails! With that said they are intriguing, and since I am so close, it might be worth a drive to investigate. I was just hoping somebody had some experience with them. Good or bad.

JKbrick

All good points. I'm for sure going to stay with a 44 front to maintain my OEM front hubs and unit bearings. It is on my daily driver, and where I build most of my homes in Michigan I am in and out of 4wd a lot thru the winter. Having to get out and lock the hubs is not an option. With that said I want to upgrade everything from hubs back and the D60/44 seems to do that. I agree on going towards the tried and true Prorocks, I hate being a guinea pig! I do that enough on the trails! With that said they are intriguing, and since I am so close, it might be worth a drive to investigate. I was just hoping somebody had some experience with them. Good or bad.

Back in the day when everything had locking hubs in the winter we would leave the hubs locked and the transfer case in 2 high until needed then shift into 4 high. Seems like it always drove fine

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Back in the day when everything had locking hubs in the winter we would leave the hubs locked and the transfer case in 2 high until needed then shift into 4 high. Seems like it always drove fine

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

X2. I did this in my old F150. I used to be able to push the clutch in and shift into 4WD while going up to 55 mph. I did that for the several years I had it & never had any issues.

Top Bottom