Bestop NX/ NX glide soft top.

garretthaynes

Any one have the NX or the NX glide fast back top? How do you like it and have y'all had any problems with wind noise, flapping. I've been eyeing the NX just because it's cheaper but have seen negatives about the zippers and so on and so forth.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eroc147

Mine only flaps at around 80 mph. All you have to do is crack a window and that takes care of it. It's an NX. Other than that it is super quiet.

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
The new zipperless one is really nice and has some awesome new features (for a Trektop) Like the factory style sunrider and how it can fully fold down. The only thing I don't like is how it it seems to come back farther in the rear at the top and doesn't hug the roll bars as well. This is most noticeable when the rear section is removed.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
NX Glide

Any one have the NX or the NX glide fast back top? How do you like it and have y'all had any problems with wind noise, flapping. I've been eyeing the NX just because it's cheaper but have seen negatives about the zippers and so on and so forth.

I just recently installed the new NX Glide. Love it. Have not been able to put a whole lot miles on it but it doesn't flap at all. Nice and tight. Windows slide in and out with ease. A little warmer inside in the 119 degree weather in Lake Havasu in July. As far as noise it's not bad but it's a soft top..

aermid

I have the NX Plus; it has the glide connecting the windows to the Jeep but the zipper connecting the back window to the corners. I love it, minimal noise even at fast speeds; takes 5 mins to put on/take off, and new NX has little zip compartments for the passenger and driver. I went with the NX Plus because it had what I liked about both the regular NX and Glide

--Erin

Last edited:

bknelson62

I have had the Trektop NX on my 2015 JKU for the past several months and I LOVE IT!!! I love the look it gives my jeep. The first time install, the top will be a bit tight, but just let the sun warm it up really good and it will fit just fine. I am getting a little bit of wind noise when I drive, but nothing I can't tolerate. I just got rid of my M/T tires and I all of a sudden can hear much more that I did before!!! LOL... You will not be sorry that you got the Trektop NX. You will especially love the retractable safari top and the fact that when you take off the side and rear windows, you have a full size bikini top instantly!!! ENJOY!!!!

TC1201JK

I'm almost done with the NX twill install. Has gone good so far. Down to the last couple inches on the last 2 zippers. I'm havin a couple beers while it stretches [emoji106] Image1504052895.551584.jpg

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Update

I just recently installed the new NX Glide. Love it. Have not been able to put a whole lot miles on it but it doesn't flap at all. Nice and tight. Windows slide in and out with ease. A little warmer inside in the 119 degree weather in Lake Havasu in July. As far as noise it's not bad but it's a soft top..

Well here's a little update on the NX Glide. On mine the back window glide pulls through the channel. Not side to side but down and off the upper part. Contacted BESTOP and they are sending out a so called new and improved rear window. Has anybody out there had the same experience ?? And have you received the new part ?

JKrob15

Well here's a little update on the NX Glide. On mine the back window glide pulls through the channel. Not side to side but down and off the upper part. Contacted BESTOP and they are sending out a so called new and improved rear window. Has anybody out there had the same experience ?? And have you received the new part ?

Do you have any pictures of this? My back window slides in up top. The area that slides in has a piece that moves when you are sliding it on and it seems is used to keep things tight. No issues so far other than being a pain to keep it even.

Top Bottom