Lockers

Dixon4x4

Eaton E-Locker. I have been running mine for over a year with no issues at all (over 15,000 miles), and it has always engaged and disengaged when I wanted it too.

Indefatigable

I would go with Ox over Eaton.

I have had Eaton in an 8.8 and it did not last. Wore out the pins quickley. Though it appears the Dana editions are a better design.

Biggest issue with the Eaton, it is a ball ramp design. Thus it disengages and reengages when you change direction. Like when rocking to get through something its in out in out.

I currently run ARB. My only issues relate to install errors or just wearing out as I have put alot of miles on my Jeep.

YMMV

BEE'S TWIN

I would go with Ox over Eaton.

I have had Eaton in an 8.8 and it did not last. Wore out the pins quickley. Though it appears the Dana editions are a better design.

Biggest issue with the Eaton, it is a ball ramp design. Thus it disengages and reengages when you change direction. Like when rocking to get through something its in out in out.

I currently run ARB. My only issues relate to install errors or just wearing out as I have put alot of miles on my Jeep.

YMMV

Thanks man.. If you had to put one in right now, would it be the front or the rear??

Bozz

Both Ox and Eaton lockers are great, I'd probably go with the Ox since they are made like 10 miles from my house and very customer-friendly for tech help.

Indefatigable

The front helps pull you up and over. Open front, locked rear, trying to climb an angled wall... front tire will just spin and you dig in the rear and pivot on the front tire.

Last Jeep had just a rear locker. It helped push, but I do not think it helped climb as well as a front would. Now I have both front and rear. Balanced :)

Renagade119

Oh ok I gotcha. Hahahaha jeez I'm thinking too closed minded. Right now the only reason I would get a locker is for getting me unstuck (most likely to be caused by snow) but yea, for climbing it makes sense. For my usage what's you think? Still go front? Or put her in the rear?

Indefatigable

With deep snow, I think the front would be more useful. I find that the front locked helps climb the snow and break trail better than just a locked rear. The rear tires just follow in the snow anyways.

Renagade119

Hmmmm, that's a good point...... Thanks. So now that we've established everyone likes Eaton over Ox, what about Detroit?

Top Bottom