JW SPeaker J2 Series Turn signals

GeoWillys

Anyone running the new J2 LED series turn signals? I have had mine on for a few weeks and just noticed the right blinker blinking fast as if it was burnt out only to find it wasnt on at all. When I grabbed the connector the light came to life, both sides are the same. I have reseated the connectors numerous times but they flicker when you manipulate the connector as if there is too much play in the connector. I have 30 years playing with electricity behind me so I have checked and tried the obvious.
I have contacted JW Speaker tech support but still waiting to hear back.:crazyeyes:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Anyone running the new J2 LED series turn signals? I have had mine on for a few weeks and just noticed the right blinker blinking fast as if it was burnt out only to find it wasnt on at all. When I grabbed the connector the light came to life, both sides are the same. I have reseated the connectors numerous times but they flicker when you manipulate the connector as if there is too much play in the connector. I have 30 years playing with electricity behind me so I have checked and tried the obvious.
I have contacted JW Speaker tech support but still waiting to hear back.:crazyeyes:

Can you put a zip tie around the connectors?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jonathanbottoms

Mine did the exact same thing for the longest time. It's almost like the wires have to be sitting in the perfect way for the lights to function properly. I had to twist the harness on my driver's side to keep mine from hyper flashing..

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

GeoWillys

Yeah they are pricey but I am not a fan of all the Chinese Amazon stuff out there. I spent 10 years serving my country so I am just a little biased.
I could maybe try the zip tie deal but that doesnt solve the root problem or ensure good electrical contact either. I am going to call them and get a person to person and see what they say and do to correct things.
I dont have a pic right now but I can take a few. They are smoked lenses but nice and bright amber when illuminated, I bought them mainly so as not to have to use external resistors which just opens up opportunity for other issues.

JeepJeep75

After recently having my JW LED tail lights stolen off my jeep, I'm partial to stock lights. Seems like these led turn sigs just pop right out of the grill, no tools needed. Be careful where you park with these.....[emoji20]

jonathanbottoms

After recently having my JW LED tail lights stolen off my jeep, I'm partial to stock lights. Seems like these led turn sigs just pop right out of the grill, no tools needed. Be careful where you park with these.....[emoji20]

They are actually significantly harder to install/remove than the factory signals, in my opinion. They use a mounting bracket & retaining screw, unlike anything I've seen on the market to date. Given, I've only had stock and Recon signals.

Sent from my Pixel XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

JRW1223

I have yet to see a good review on these. I bought some about a month ago and both flickered right out of the box. Noticed a loose wire on one of them as well so I sent them back.

Seems with a name like JW Speaker they would be better then this. They claim they are made in the USA but the quality is extremely poor.

twoxstreem

I had an issue with the connectors after a few days. They were trigging the canbus as if i had a bulb out. After some inspection i zip tied them (which is what my truck lites needed as well to function properly) and have not had any issues in over a month.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I had an issue with the connectors after a few days. They were trigging the canbus as if i had a bulb out. After some inspection i zip tied them (which is what my truck lites needed as well to function properly) and have not had any issues in over a month.

Bingo. Also see post #3. Its recommended for the headlights, as well as dielectric grease. I'd say it should work for these lights.

Top Bottom