Stupid question time

ramrod

Ok so today there I was driving along minding my own business on a dry flat highway and bam it happened. My traction control started to flash. Any ideas?

Also the stinger bumper. I have a LOD front bumper with a stinger and I love the look of it, but I got to thinking today on my drive to work. What is the functional purpose or is it just ascetically pleasing?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

animusrien

Not sure about the traction control, but the purpose of the stinger is to turn you to the side in the case of rolling forward (mainly during rock crawling), to prevent you from landing or stopping on your roof.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

JKbrick

Have you gotten your clockspring warranty done yet? That may be your traction control issue if your wheel is still straight. Unless you were drifting

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Not sure about the traction control, but the purpose of the stinger is to turn you to the side in the case of rolling forward (mainly during rock crawling), to prevent you from landing or stopping on your roof.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Not really. The stinger was designed to protect the radiator in case of a roll over so the vehicle can be driven. Doesn't matter what your roof looks like.

ramrod

Ok clear on the hot chicks. When do they show up?? But to answer cozdude the only light was the traction control no abs light. And it hasn't done it since so maybe just a grimlin

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ok so today there I was driving along minding my own business on a dry flat highway and bam it happened. My traction control started to flash. Any ideas?

Also the stinger bumper. I have a LOD front bumper with a stinger and I love the look of it, but I got to thinking today on my drive to work. What is the functional purpose or is it just ascetically pleasing?

Check this TSB out. Probably related to your issue - Recall on ESP - TSB_05-001-08

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Is that for all years or just up to 2011?

Didn't read it completely - related to the "steering wheel dance"?

Looks like the steering wheel dance to me. I did it on my 2009 when I had a couple of phantom ESP activations. Haven't had any issues since, the light just stays on all the time :yup:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Is that for all years or just up to 2011?

Didn't read it completely - related to the "steering wheel dance"?

It's hard to know. The bulletin was published in 2008 and I don't know of a more current one. I'd assume it's not an issue with other years, unless you experience the symptoms. I've thought of doing it on mine to be safe, but I've never had any problems with the ESP or ABS.

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like the steering wheel dance to me. I did it on my 2009 when I had a couple of phantom ESP activations. Haven't had any issues since, the light just stays on all the time :yup:

It's hard to know. The bulletin was published in 2008 and I don't know of a more current one. I'd assume it's not an issue with other years, unless you experience the symptoms. I've thought of doing it on mine to be safe, but I've never had any problems with the ESP or ABS.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the SWD. If OP has a 12 & up it won't work on his Jeep.

Top Bottom