Trusted weather service

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Leaving for the Rubicon in a couple of days, and I was curious where I could find a reliable weather report for the weekend on the trail. Was planning on going top/doorless hoping there won't be much if any rain.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
Leaving for the Rubicon in a couple of days, and I was curious where I could find a reliable weather report for the weekend on the trail. Was planning on going top/doorless hoping there won't be much if any rain.

I would try weather underground.
I was up there this past weekend, it was mid to high 80s. I was top and doorless. That being said it did rain on Sunday

longarmwj

I use the Storm app for weather. It is super detailed and you can show all kinds of info. And it is very accurate as well :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
I find weather.gov accurate. Mainly because you can use the map and actually click on your location rather than the closest city. I camp year-round, and it's nearly always damn close to the conditions I run into when I'm out there.

JeepinLife

Caught the Bug
I use the Storm app for weather. It is super detailed and you can show all kinds of info. And it is very accurate as well :thumb:

I use the same. Although the forecast is always changing the radar is pretty good.

Weather.gov would be my choice for most reliable.

Most apps pull from the nws anyways

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
I would try weather underground.
I was up there this past weekend, it was mid to high 80s. I was top and doorless. That being said it did rain on Sunday

^^ this

I use Wunderground all the time. Love it.

That and the iPhone weather app seems to be somewhat accurate (pretty sure that's just data from Weather.com).

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I use Dark Sky for an app and widgets and weather.gov in a browser for storm tracking etc.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's the Sierra's in the summer time. ALWAYS plan for a shower or two. It's just the way it is up there during this time.

Sahara_Maverick

Yep! Agree with Eddie. When I go topless it's actually the soft top opened and the windows packed in a Bestop bag hanging from the back seat. Can shut my Jeep in less than 5 min if needed. ;-)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Ill leave the top on through the weekend Quicksilver. Gaurenteed not to rain till I pull it off lol

It's half past f'it with the CAPS lock on!

Top Bottom