Good ole MTR's w/Kelvar....

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Looks like I'm going to be buying rubber sooner rather than later. Sigh..was hoping these would make it till May.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Attachments

• 1361053913159.jpg
    1361053913159.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 255

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks like I'm going to be buying rubber sooner rather than later. Sigh..was hoping these would make it till May.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for posting this. That really sucks, but makes me thankful I went with Nitto Trail Graps. Eddie was telling me the experience he had with these tires with sidewall tears. Ouch!

kimer82

hmm i was just debating on MTR's.......
Nitto mud grappler or MTR's? i've been using toyo but never on those other two.. feedback would be awesome!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
hmm i was just debating on MTR's.......
Nitto mud grappler or MTR's? i've been using toyo but never on those other two.. feedback would be awesome!

I had Toyo open country MT's before these. Going back to Toyo or Nitto.

JAGS

Hooked
Sucks. But check the forums and Craig's list. You may be able to cheap used one to tie you over for a bit.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Bummer. I so wanted to like my old MT/R's and was almost willing to live with the balancing issues and wierd tracking that I got with them on the highway but, the weak sidewalls are what finally made up my mind to switch back to Toyos at the time.

What kind of life did you get. I like the St and I'm really not happy with how the mtrs are wearing 4k miles on them ill be lucky to get 30 out of them

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of life did you get. I like the St and I'm really not happy with how the mtrs are wearing 4k miles on them ill be lucky to get 30 out of them

Good but not great life but then, neither does any other really good tire that I've run. If you want really long tread life, I would recommend a set of BFG MT's. They wear like iron.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
With all the crap on my Jeep that seems to be breaking/requiring repairs right now, my wife told me to sell the Jeep so we can use the $$ towards a down payment on a new house. :naw:

Good thing I'm the master of this domain. :brows:

Top Bottom