Short exhaust.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the Dynomax Evolution Competition on my 3.8 JKU hardtop.

30 years ago I would have said it sounded awesome! Today, awesome but obnoxious loud to me.

But .... i'm leaving it on because the mid-range boost it's giving the Jeep is great. I drove to Moab in July and was able to maintain speed on spots where I usually had to slow down.

There is drone at 65mph that was really obnoxious with the hardtop on and turning up the radio just made more noise - very difficult to carry on a conversation.

Almost removed it before heading to Moab but I had some boom mat and laid it under the carpet covering as much of the floor front and back as possible.

Didn't have time to stick the boom mat down properly but just laying it down made a difference. When I roll the window down or sitting at a drive-thru window it's loud.

I ordered the Dynomax bullet to convert it to a quiet crawler, really hoping it tones it down.

If I leave it on I'll install the boom mat properly as well.

LasVegasJK

I have the Dynomax Evolution Competition on my 3.8 JKU hardtop.

30 years ago I would have said it sounded awesome! Today, awesome but obnoxious loud to me.

But .... i'm leaving it on because the mid-range boost it's giving the Jeep is great. I drove to Moab in July and was able to maintain speed on spots where I usually had to slow down.

There is drone at 65mph that was really obnoxious with the hardtop on and turning up the radio just made more noise - very difficult to carry on a conversation.

Almost removed it before heading to Moab but I had some boom mat and laid it under the carpet covering as much of the floor front and back as possible.

Didn't have time to stick the boom mat down properly but just laying it down made a difference. When I roll the window down or sitting at a drive-thru window it's loud.

I ordered the Dynomax bullet to convert it to a quiet crawler, really hoping it tones it down.

If I leave it on I'll install the boom mat properly as well.

Yeah, I went ahead and ordered it. And figured if I didn't like it, I could have a muffler shop route it out the rear with a bullet.
Thanks for your reply.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeepers46

How do you like it? I've only heard sound bytes on the web. Is it obnoxious, or no?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
I have a soft top and with the top on or even down its not bad at all. But with the doors off it is a little loud and does have a bit of a drone at highway speed. Its only real bad if i get between a tractor trailer and the retaining wall in the interstate. Overall im really happy with it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Cock Father

I too am loooking for something that stops at the axle, as my factory exhaust is all squashed from Moab. Although I would like a very small bit more growl, I don't want anything obnoxious.

Top Bottom