West Yellowstone with stock JKUS

les.warden

Hitting West Yellowstone 9/11/17 for two weeks. Stock JKUS...only thing added was a baseplate for towing. Want to explore a little besides obvious Yellowstone, but nothing radical. Can someone point me to a forum link or site link that offers off-road suggestions? Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Hate to bust your bubble, I live in Montana, not far from Yellowstone, off-roading is a no go right now due to all the wild fires and no rain. The fire danger is extremely high. They are asking for people to volunteer to evacuate in certain areas already.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
The smoke was so bad today it blocked out the sun and it was not clouds. Just giving you a heads up. Before going I would call Yellowstone and make sure all highways and roads are open. I think we have like 57 wildfires going on right now.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Just came down from one of my favorite trails Here in Montana and came across a new wild fire. They started evacuating the area. Sorry for the side pic. 20170826_152957.jpg 20170826_153318.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

jwalt

The west and south entrances haven't been too bad this past week through today. Wind could change that anytime though. The weather has been excellent though. If you are coming near Ashton ID I would recommend cave falls as an easy forest service trail and possibly the trail to sheep falls for more of a challenge and great scenery. Logging and forest service roads are most of what is available around here. I use the 2017 MVUP (motor vehicle use maps) and the Avenza maps app. This is the one used by the forest service.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom