Gear oil stinks

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Is it me or does Diff gear oil smell like old cat piss. I'm a bit of a gearhead so love the smell of working on cars. But holy crap that stuff stanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Yea it smells pretty bad. I got a huge amount on my jeans last fall when helping ddays swap his bent flange. No matter how many times I wash them they still smell.

WJCO

Meme King
We used to play some good pranks in the shop with the friction modifier. I remember one guy put direct friction modifier on a lid of some sort and slid it under the driver's seat of a co-worker's truck. Not enough to spill or leak, just enough that the car reeked inside. Dude couldn't find the smell for a few days until someone told him. Another guy rubbed some on the under side of a service writer's keyboard. Lol.

DH2002

When I changed my Axle shafts I accidentally leaked some from the bottle unto the carpet, once my wife got in the Jeep she thought someone had put in a dead fish in the Jeep, stuff smells horrible...

jorgelrod

Hooked
My first set of gears after the regear were not correctly shimmed and the gear oil got burnt, the smell was so bad, it leaked through the diff breather which I have elevated to the rear brake light and the smell would get into the cab. My wife hated getting into the jeep while that was going on.

SJCJK

We used to play some good pranks in the shop with the friction modifier. I remember one guy put direct friction modifier on a lid of some sort and slid it under the driver's seat of a co-worker's truck. Not enough to spill or leak, just enough that the car reeked inside. Dude couldn't find the smell for a few days until someone told him. Another guy rubbed some on the under side of a service writer's keyboard. Lol.

HAHAHA!! That's TERRIBLE! I could see someone doing it with that PAINFUL Zima slamming fun. Hate Zima, let alone FRICTION-MODIFIER-COATED-ZIMA!

jknikos

I really like the smell of gear oil, especially my gear oil :clap2: I use dino (80/90) so no friction modifier there!

Top Bottom