DIRECTV in a boat, Jeep no tripod best option

RUBEERCON

I want to use my Directv on my boat without buying the expensive motorized trac dishes. A tripod won't work because I'll be moving around on the anchor.

What are my options for a moving vehicle? Can you use a device to sling from home? Wifi required at both locations? I see King dishs for 500 bucks that fit on RVs but, I can't find any reviews on how they work.

I think there is a DTV anywhere app that I need to research. I have a few apps that I currently use through my iPhone HDMI adapter but I don't get the games I'm looking for.

Thanks Steve

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fridge81

I honestly don't see how you would be able to keep a signal if the boat is "moving around on the anchor" without an expensive motorized satellite tracking dish. How damn big is your boat?[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
Buys Jeep to get out in nature and escape the daily grind of the modern world, then buys TV antennae to bring the modern world to nature. :thinking:

I've seen antennae mounted on SUVs before. Not sure how they work or how expensive they are. Like most things, anything is possible as long as you have the will and the money.

WJCO

Meme King
My favorite thing about my boat was getting the fuck away from technology. A beer, a fishing rod, and good friends. All that is needed. Direct tv? First world problems.

Edit: MTG beat me to it.

Last edited:

buckweil

Buys Jeep to get out in nature and escape the daily grind of the modern world, then buys TV antennae to bring the modern world to nature. :thinking:

I've seen antennae mounted on SUVs before. Not sure how they work or how expensive they are. Like most things, anything is possible as long as you have the will and the money.

My favorite thing about my boat was getting the fuck away from technology. A beer, a fishing rod, and good friends. All that is needed. Direct tv? First world problems.

Edit: MTG beat me to it.
These comments are kinda the best 😂 this is one reason I love this forum.

RUBEERCON

Please share an option if you have one, thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll look into Wirie, its new to me.

I get it, headed to Colorado in 2 weeks to enjoy nature but I'll save the details. I have a 21' bass boat on a lift ready to drop in WJCO, bring the beer! No DTV aboard.

We stay on our Cruiser in a marina for several weeks at a time, it has AC, gen 2 fridges, 2 Flat screens etc. it's basically a floating hotel room. We also raft out with big groups and we drink beer,grill and watch football on the water while surrounded by bikinis. If you guys were with me a few times you would understand. College football is all that we have in Ok and we watch all of our teams no matter where we are. We also tailgate and I could watch the game in the parking lots.

Hope it makes more sense.
IMG_3998.jpg

Last edited:

RUBEERCON

We already have a dish on the dock. Here is the fight projected on 4x8 wall board. Pretty cool to watch at the marina with a bunch of grills and crock pots in action. It was a fun night.
IMG_3997.jpg

Fridge81

Please share an option if you have one, thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll look into Wirie, its new to me.

I get it, headed to Colorado in 2 weeks to enjoy nature but I'll save the details. I have a 21' bass boat on a lift ready to drop in WJCO, bring the beer! No DTV aboard.

We stay on our Cruiser in a marina for several weeks at a time, it has AC, gen 2 fridges, 2 Flat screens etc. it's basically a floating hotel room. We also raft out with big groups and we drink beer,grill and watch football on the water while surrounded by bikinis. If you guys were with me a few times you would understand. College football is all that we have in Ok and we watch all of our teams no matter where we are. We also tailgate and I could watch the game in the parking lots.

Hope it makes more sense.
View attachment 274607

This makes sooooooo much more sense now. If the slip is shaded (as most are on the big lakes) I'm not certain you could get a signal through the tin roofing assuming that is what they use. Still,the movement may cause the signal to break up if waves from passing boats start rocking the docks. Unless you do use one of those fancy self tracking dishes I think it may be a problem unless you can actually plant the dish by that big 'old projector screen you posted.

Please post what you find out and your final solution. This has me interested for sure.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom