10.1 inch Seicane Jeep specific Android head unit

Mike-Mike

Like a lot of people, I saw this Adventure Dex video:

Nope.com

it looked a lot better in the dash than my Joying did, so I figured I would give it a shot. I ordered this model:

I did an unboxing here:

Nope.com

I did an install part 1 here:

nope.com

part 2 (it isn't so easy) here:

Nope.com

And a general overview of the unit here

Nope.com

After I sent Seicane links to my videos, they gave me a coupon code that anyone can use for anything in their store:

AFFILIATE-PIMP

I got the Android 6.0 unit, but they have a newer one out now that has 7.1, and is probably a better unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike-Mike

Your post comes off pretty spammy and probably isnt going to go over well.

It is not meant to be spam? I dont work for Seicane, and i dont make any money off of YouTube, i just thought people would like to see it. I hated my 430N, and when I was looking to install devices i couldn't find any info on the Android head units. I saw the Insane Audio, but it was too expensive. I ended up getting a Joying, then I tried the Sony with Android Auto, and now I'm on the Seicane.

boardsurfer

It is not meant to be spam? I dont work for Seicane, and i dont make any money off of YouTube, i just thought people would like to see it. I hated my 430N, and when I was looking to install devices i couldn't find any info on the Android head units. I saw the Insane Audio, but it was too expensive. I ended up getting a Joying, then I tried the Sony with Android Auto, and now I'm on the Seicane.

Lets see. 10 posts in 2 years and you drop in out of nowhere with youtube links that I can only assume is your channel which is grey area with the rules at best (I didnt click them) and then an affiliate code? What's your kickback for that? Just being straight with you. It doesnt look good.

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

Lets see. 10 posts in 3 years and you drop in out of nowhere with youtube links that I can only assume is your channel which is grey area with the rules at best (I didnt click them) and then an affiliate code? What's your kickback for that? Just being straight with you. It doesnt look good.

Well I created an account on here before I got a Jeep, and i forgot about this account. I got my first Jeep in June 2016. I was/am active on other Jeep forums and Reddit, where a lot of people ask about stereos. When i came back here, I thought it would be interesting in here. If it is against the rules feel free to delete it.

Like I said, I have no affiliation from Seicane and dont make any money from them or any code. My YouTube channel has about 37k views, i am no where near what it takes to even get a payment from it.

boardsurfer

I get it, and no one will delete your thread (except for the links). What would have made your post awesome is if you just shared all the info here instead of leading people off-site. Make a write up, take some pics, share your thoughts. That would have been great.

Mike-Mike

pastrana5401

Like a lot of people, I saw this Adventure Dex video:

Nope.com

it looked a lot better in the dash than my Joying did, so I figured I would give it a shot. I ordered this model:

I did an unboxing here:

Nope.com

I did an install part 1 here:

nope.com

part 2 (it isn't so easy) here:

Nope.com

And a general overview of the unit here

Nope.com

After I sent Seicane links to my videos, they gave me a coupon code that anyone can use for anything in their store:

AFFILIATE-PIMP

I got the Android 6.0 unit, but they have a newer one out now that has 7.1, and is probably a better unit.

so i see on the website that it has android 7.1, but on the reviews on their website people say they ship with 5.0. what the deal with that. does it come with android 7.1 or not?

Mike-Mike

so i see on the website that it has android 7.1, but when people have gotten the they ship with 5.0. what the deal with that. does it come with android 7.1 or not?
I have received 2 different units, both with different hardware and software. One was an Allwinner processor that had Android 6.0, and a Rockchip unit that had "Android 7.1.2"

That being said I didn't drill down to deep, it could be fake in some capacity, but it seems to be what they say it is.

There did not appear to be an upgrade path from Android 6.0 to Android 7.1.2, which is why I got a whole new unit.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

pastrana5401

I have received 2 different units, both with different hardware and software. One was an Allwinner processor that had Android 6.0, and a Rockchip unit that had "Android 7.1.2"

That being said I didn't drill down to deep, it could be fake in some capacity, but it seems to be what they say it is.

There did not appear to be an upgrade path from Android 6.0 to Android 7.1.2, which is why I got a whole new unit.

so , if i order one, and i end up with one that isn't 7.1, they will correct the mistake and send me a new one?

Also, what about other android head units like the dasaita, is it bette, or is there a better android unit i should look at?

Last edited:

Mike-Mike

so , if i order one, and i end up with one that isn't 7.1, they will correct the mistake and send me a new one?

Also, what about other android head units like the dasaita, is it bette, or is there a better android unit i should look at?
Well I want to respect the forum rules and not posts links or names, etc.

But just to clarify, I got what I ordered. The first time I ordered an Android 6.0 unit.

After that, they came out with an Android 7.1.2 unit and I bought it also.

So at this point I have 2 devices, but they never misrepresented themselves, I got what I ordered both times

BaddestCross

Well I want to respect the forum rules and not posts links or names, etc.

But just to clarify, I got what I ordered. The first time I ordered an Android 6.0 unit.

After that, they came out with an Android 7.1.2 unit and I bought it also.

So at this point I have 2 devices, but they never misrepresented themselves, I got what I ordered both times

Did you have to go with the lesser of the two CPUs and RAM to get 7.1?

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Top Bottom