Share your JKU rear cargo storage

MTG

Caught the Bug
Looking to design my rear cargo storage for the new jeep. Key requirements...space for ARB fridge and slide, recovery gear, tools, camping gear for 4 people (stove, table, chairs tents, sleeping bags etc.). I'd also like to be able to pull it out for the majority of the year since I daily drive my jeep. Finally I'd like some "secure" storage that is at least semi-permanent.

IMG_3269.jpg

Here's what I'm thinking at the moment.

1) a base that will allow the fridge to be mounted on the left side.

2) a ~12" drawer or deck for the right side that will allow a secure spot underneath.

3) large storage bin for gear on top of the drawer/deck.

4) I've been looking for a rack that won't be too high but will allow for another level of storage and access to the fridge. This one seems like a good fit: http://store.adventuretrailers.com/...erior-Cargo-Rack.html#PhotoSwipe1504052961604

5) hoping the the half door uppers would fit under the rack and above the fridge.

6) have some rotopax water storage racks made that would use the rear rails and hardtop mounting points to hold 4-8 gallons of water.

Anyway I figure some of you may have already made/purchases something that works better or different. So post up what you've got or thoughts on what I posted above.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MTG

Caught the Bug
This looked interesting. I always seem to run out of space for firewood. Thinking a box of two of hot wood might stack on something like this pretty easily.

http://www.bugoutrack.com

Or a chainsaw for the zombies. :crazyeyes:

Journeyman

IMG_1739.jpg IMG_1735.jpg IMG_1751.jpg IMG_1749.jpg
I just build this last month and it's amazing how much storage this free's up in the back by removing part of the rear seat and squeezing my 47 quart arb in there. If you need the back seats for passengers it's not really and option though.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JAGS

Hooked
The first link had this. Seems like what you're wanting to do. Mini shelf and slider under the fridge is cool. Think you could build the half drawer/storage pretty easily.

IMG_2908.jpg

If you want to do all that though, why not a big drawer and get the drop down fridge shelf for on top of it?

I would also think a local welder and HD ratchet straps would get it done for less than the two bones their asking for the holder contraption.

jeeeep

Hooked
This looked interesting. I always seem to run out of space for firewood. Thinking a box of two of hot wood might stack on something like this pretty easily.

http://www.bugoutrack.com

Or a chainsaw for the zombies. :crazyeyes:

aside from having to take all that off in the event of a flat and how to remount it on a flat...:thinking:

I saw one of those (or very similar) fall off on the trail in Moab, it bounced off pretty quick - strap came loose.

it was a top mount and had a lot of shit on it, maybe too much.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
While I like my tuffy setup, I will be watching this as I wouldnt mind moving my fridge into the back for a change up.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I just build this last month and it's amazing how much storage this free's up in the back by removing part of the rear seat and squeezing my 47 quart arb in there. If you need the back seats for passengers it's not really and option though.

Well ain't that just nifty! I like how it's just a shelf that doesn't cover the whole back end and allowing for bigger things to be stuffed back there if needed. Nice touch on the notch on for the fridge too :thumb:

Top Bottom