Loud clunk after installing evo lcg coilovers

Itr.#1446

I installed a set of front and rear lcg evo coilovers on my jeep and when hitting some bumps noticed a loud thud in the rear. Sat in my trunk while someone driver and determined it was something hitting the tub. Without hooking up a g pro to watch I'm pretty sure it's the upper reinforcement brackets. I'll post pics of how close mine are but was wondering if anyone has the same issue or not. I did buy the kit used so idk if it's possible that the may of gotten bent somehow but if anyone is running the same kit and can post how close there's is to compare it would be appreciated. Idk what other solution I have then either putting a piece of rubber between the cab and bracket or getting a body lift
which I was trying to keep my height at a minimum.

674FA622-5AD1-46EE-83ED-1F26F608CA28_zpsfpdjb88g.jpg
F60FF02E-1791-4DCD-B912-4A004A557C16_zps6s2hoeko.jpg

HazMatJK

This isnt common but there are a few of us who have encountered the same issue. The tub does hit the top of the coil over bracket. Usually a thick piece of rubber will quite it down a bit. I was going to install a 1 inch spacer on the rear body mounts, just havent had the time to do it.

There is a discussion on the forum under 'how do you like your evo bolt on coil overs" that you can check out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Itr.#1446

This isnt common but there are a few of us who have encountered the same issue. The tub does hit the top of the coil over bracket. Usually a thick piece of rubber will quite it down a bit. I was going to install a 1 inch spacer on the rear body mounts, just havent had the time to do it.

There is a discussion on the forum under 'how do you like your evo bolt on coil overs" that you can check out.

Sent from my SM-G935V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks I'll check it out 👍🏻

kingsize

I installed a set of front and rear lcg evo coilovers on my jeep and when hitting some bumps noticed a loud thud in the rear. Sat in my trunk while someone driver and determined it was something hitting the tub. Without hooking up a g pro to watch I'm pretty sure it's the upper reinforcement brackets. I'll post pics of how close mine are but was wondering if anyone has the same issue or not. I did buy the kit used so idk if it's possible that the may of gotten bent somehow but if anyone is running the same kit and can post how close there's is to compare it would be appreciated. Idk what other solution I have then either putting a piece of rubber between the cab and bracket or getting a body lift
which I was trying to keep my height at a minimum.

Feel free to give Andrew a call at EVO MFG. The phone number is 714-879-8913.

Thank you,
Robert @ EVO MFG

CVJeepin

No. Per the post, wedge a piece of rubber between the tub and the upper mount. Apparently, the tub can flex enough to hit your new bracket.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

This makes so much sense now. Dang 1 year of thumping. I can actually see where the tub has left a mark on the reinforcement bracket. Only happens on the passenger side since the body mount tire swing is on that side.

This made me think of something I’d meant to ask long ago, but did I assume correctly that the welded nut on top of the factory bracket is supposed to still be there? Sandwiched between the EVO bracket?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Evil

Take the tub off the frame, flip it over and hammer in the spots where the upper brackets are hitting it. Or come up with a million times easier way to clearance it. ;)

Top Bottom