1983 CJ7 Build

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Congrats on your retirement, and thank you for your service :thumb:

That looks like an awesome CJ7. Good luck, have fun with it! Check out Calamity Jane here on the forum... that'll give you some inspiration. Lol

GraniteCrystal

If that's the one I'm thinking of, it's been on the market for months. Glad you erect able to snag it for a low price. Looks like fun!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! It's great to see all these old iron projects getting started on here. Can't wait to see what you do with it :thumb:

jim817

Got all of the rattle can paint off of it and started finding nothing but rust and bondo. Was going to replace a panel, but the further I got, the more I found. Hell, the PO put plywood in the floorboard, coved it in bondo and painted over it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jim817

IMG_5295.JPG
Some guy in Portland wanted my original CJ seats to refurbish for a project. Front and rear new Bestop seats for my old ones, roll bar pad and $40.

jim817

The Jeep looks awesome, any future plans?

I went about everything the wrong way already. I recommend making sure your ride is mechanically sound prior to addressing cosmetic issues. The Super CJ ran relatively ok except the second gear synchro was out. I got all into making it all pretty and whatnot when I should have been dropping money into it to make it reliable. I was all in on it the first year, then the carter 2 bbl started acting up on me and she has basically sat for a year in the garage after an axle snapped on me and crunched my freshly painted fender. Pretty ashamed of myself actually. Waited for months to get my new Moser one piece axles. Had the hardware pressed on at a machine shop and reassembled her. Yep, burned up the bearings since they did not press everything on properly and I’m not mechanically smart enough to notice. These old AMC 20 axles can be tricky with their tolerances. New axles and hardware installed. Just dropped a new Weber Carb in and it’s a new Jeep. Next is a DUI dizzy, then a transmission rebuild. We will see after that.

Top Bottom