2 types of 40" Trail Grapplers?

mastrcruse

Just a quick confirmation, I'm picking up my 40's tomorrow and stopped and looked at them today. I've been looking at videos and saw one with Mel talking about competition Trail Grapplers. Are there 2 types of Trail Grapplers?

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
One of the more informed guys might give you better info but what I can tell us there's a line for when you air down on the side wall. I just have the regular TG in 37's. Either way they're an awesome tire!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

One of the more informed guys might give you better info but what I can tell us there's a line for when you air down on the side wall. I just have the regular TG in 37's. Either way they're an awesome tire!

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Just found Mel's video. Looks like a ridge and sidewall pattern that comes out a bit more out on the sidewalk (hard to describe haha)

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
The Nitto Trail Grappler K specs are not something you would want for daily driving. If it were a trailered Jeep then go for it if you can get them, but those are racing tires that have a completely different compound not intended for the road.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

The Nitto Trail Grappler K specs are not something you would want for daily driving. If it were a trailered Jeep then go for it if you can get them, but those are racing tires that have a completely different compound not intended for the road.

According to Mel's video they released a set to the public that has the same compound as the mud grapplers.

mastrcruse

K spec says race only or non dot or not dot approved on the side of them.

Okay I'll check them and guessing that mine are not. They will be DD'ed and taken on long trips so I'm trying to avoid buying the wrong tire. Again....pretty sure they are not but when I go pick them up tomorrow I want to know how to confirm and DOT approved is probably best indicator if so.

Mel does say at 1:02 that they are DOT approved. Maybe the video is talking about the true comp only k spec.

Last edited:

Mizippi

The "stickies" are way more expensive. You should be fine.

2007 2WD (upgrades: Hemi, Atlas, 1 Tons, 40s, etc)

Ddays

Hooked
K specs/stickies on a DD vehicle would really be a waste of money. That'd be like driving racing tires on a street car.

Top Bottom