Deciding on new tires

Jk_Wrangler14

Is anyone running 285/65/18 on their jeep? I have a 2 door 2014 wrangler with a leveling kit and im trying to decide what size tires to get.

zimm

Caught the Bug
Do you already have 18" wheels or are you going to buy 18's? 17's are more common.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What zimm said. 18's are an uncommon size and if it's possible, you'd be doing yourself a favor to swap in a set of 17's.

Ddays

Hooked
What zimm said. 18's are an uncommon size and if it's possible, you'd be doing yourself a favor to swap in a set of 17's.

X3 ^. I ran a set of 18's first time around - it really limits your tire choices. I'd also suggest changing wheels before you get new tires.

mastrcruse

X3 ^. I ran a set of 18's first time around - it really limits your tire choices. I'd also suggest changing wheels before you get new tires.

I run 18's and I've not seen a limited amount of sizes available or a limit on the common jeep tires that many of us run. What I hve noticed, which is why I'd recommend a 17", is the cost of the "common" 17" tire sizes are more expensive in the 18" variant.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
My daughter has 18's on her Sahara and when looking at tires i noticed that the ones for the 18 in. rim were about $100 a piece more than the same in a 17, that savings alone would probably pay for new wheels if you need them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom