Supercharger vs. LS/Hemi swap

JKU08

I'm doing research on both currently and I'm having a hard time deciding. Need some input. I play in mud, snow, and mild trails. I have an 08 JKU with 3.5" lift on 33" ko2

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Doing either seems unbelievably pointless with 33's. Just get proper gearing. (Oh, and since you asked, every supercharger I have seen on the trail has sucked ass).

WJCO

Meme King
There's a search box on the forum too. Superchargers have been discussed many times.

On the trail though, they whine Ike a little bitch in your ear THE WHOLE TIME. Annoying as fuck.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
At Motech, the place to go to have an LS installed, there's a reason why most of the motors that have been pulled, all have superchargers on them.

No replacement for displacement.

Funny this is still a question. If 100 years of trial and error with forced induction has proven one thing. It is that. It's not all about " the motion on the ocean". In this case. The bigger boat wins every time.

Itr.#1446

I'm in the same situation and have been doing a lot of research, the 6.2 ls with 6l80e trans would be my choice.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm in the same situation and have been doing a lot of research, the 6.2 ls with 6l80e trans would be my choice.
Super common one for JK's is an LS2 or LS3. Personally I'm going with an Lm7 because of affordability in my area and I'm putting it into a much lighter vehicle than yours.

Top Bottom