No tire key

Bateman828

So I bought my 08 JK about a months ago and realized after the fact that I have no key for the locks. Looks like there is threading on the outside and I'm wondering what would be the best course of action. I'd rather not have to cut it but idk what to do! Please help!
IMG_0009.jpg

BobNH

Juat about any tire place will have a universal one, and many will zip it off for free

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JSweet85

The 12 JKU I just bought didn't have a key, and I went to my local dealer and they had full sets of keys in the shop. They took them off free of charge.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JeepDrum

You may be able to do it yourself if you're up to it. Usually around a 23mm 12 point socket (maybe 22, maybe 24, can't remember right now) will fit over it. You want it to be snug and hammer it on lightly. Then use a breaker bar to unscrew. You may or may not be able to get the lug nut out of the socket afterwards so keep that in mind. Usually if you put the socket in a vise and drive a punch down through it the nut will come out though. I've had to do this a couple times. I don't use locks anymore lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Frydaddy

Check your glovebox for stickers. Most lock kits, come with a reference number on a sticker for just such an occasion, so that you can order a new key.

Top Bottom