KC Gravity Pro vs JW Speaker 8700 Evolution J

matthoef

I'm torn between these two headlights. I've read numerous reviews over the last few days and can't decide which one. Which one would you pick and why?

Journeyman

I'm torn between these two headlights. I've read numerous reviews over the last few days and can't decide which one. Which one would you pick and why?

I don't think you could go wrong with either as far performance goes.
Which ever one looks more visually appealing to you.
Myself I would personally go with KC's. I've never liked how the JW's look. Thought they looked more at home on an import of some sort.
Not sure what the JW's warranty is but my KC's have stupid long warranty like 25 years ish.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

matthoef

I found a video deep in the depths of YouTube comparing both of these side by side (finally, after far too much searching) and decided to go with the KC Gravity Pros. The previous owner of my Rubi did the Hella housing upgrade but was a bonehead with wiring and left a rat's nest that has caused far too many days of sudden no headlights in the dark. Here's to hoping that Tuesday night I can rectify this issue as well as have headlights that have the output I've been wanting.

Casey_250

I have the Gravity Pros, and many friends have the JW. I find the JW to have a slightly cleaner focused low beam and the KC has a bit of a cold spot. However the high beam in the Gravity pro is far better and brighter looking then the JW.

I like the look of the KC. The day timing running in the low beam looks like a small projector lens in the middle.

I run all KC lighting and would recommend everything I have tried so far.

Sent from my SM-G950W using WAYALIFE mobile app

jorgelrod

Hooked
I would look into the new JW evolution J2 with their Dual Burn system, when you switch to high beam, the lows keep working for extra light low plus far out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Robertcrav

And if you search amazon you can find the new black housing J2s stupid cheap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Jackal01

And if you search amazon you can find the new black housing J2s stupid cheap

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
I ordered them last week but shipping has been pending since then. No idea when and if the order will go through. I hope it does!

MrEmmDubya

I can't say enough about the JW Evolution Js. They provide so much light I'm actually amazed every time I turn them on. I don't have any experience with the KCs.

I was in the same boat 6 months ago. Loyal to KC myself. Originally thought the JWs looked like fly eyes. Watched the you tube videos, did lots of reading, and listen to fellow at 4WP.....went with JWs Evolution J. Easy install, no flicker dongle, used Eddie's headlight alignment write up, done. Like others have posted, impressed EVERY time I witnessed the light quality, beam pattern, beam cut off.....and the safety factor over the tea lights from the factor.

The look of them has really grown on me, love the look. I'd buy these again anytime.
I still have KC fogs and A pillar lights to keep things traditional.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using WAYALIFE mobile app

matthoef

I went with the KC Gravity Pros. Ordered them Sunday night, got them and installed them today. The previous "upgrade" was the Hella H4 one. This blows that completely out of the water. I'm thoroughly impressed with them and can't wait to put them to use outside of testing them out at dusk. Thank you everyone for your inputs!
IMG_1185.jpg

The Cock Father

What about the new Pro Comp Explorers? A friend of mine just picked up a set and he claims they are incredible. He paid $265 out the door for the pair...

Top Bottom