TERAFLEX 0-3 inch QUICK DISCO INSTALL PROBLEM

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You need to press out the crush sleeve. Not too hard to do especially if you have a bench vice.

jkmadness

You need to press out the crush sleeve. Not too hard to do especially if you have a bench vice.

Thank you Eddie, I've got confused because the links for the longer kits are different and the pics on the instruction sheet didn't help either :thankyou:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Eddie, I've got confused because the links for the longer kits are different and the pics on the instruction sheet didn't help either :thankyou:

It's all good. The links shouldn't have come with crush sleeves installed but, it really isn't that big of a deal that they did. TF probably has them mass produced like that so it can be used for any application.

jkmadness

It's all good. The links shouldn't have come with crush sleeves installed but, it really isn't that big of a deal that they did. TF probably has them mass produced like that so it can be used for any application.

I see...I was about to light up the torch,after all is TERAFLEX TORCHING WEEKEND.....I'm sorry I had to say it..LOL.
Thanks again Eddie :beer:

Cpfiremn

I just installed mine yesterday and ran in to the same problem. I used a bench vice, a small socket and two 2x2.

Last edited:

JHP81

if they're anything like mine, good luck trying to disconnect them after installing. The bushing will seize on the rod and will take a lot of force to slide off.

NAUJK

I had to grind the pin down to get it to fit in the bushing without having to beat it in excessively. With a bench grinder we were able to get mine to fit nice and easy and I can take mine on and off in about a minute. Love them besides that they didn't fit to begin with... even after removing the silver piece...

Holeshot

Banned
The only issue I came across when I installed mine is the god damn bracket they've put in the package, didn't figured how to install them properly to link my quick disco's on 'em when disconnected. There was like 2 inches between the two. So I just left them in the tool box lol.

jkmadness

Regretting this purchase part 2
I had my rig on the lift the other day and I noticed that at full droop, the shocks seem to hold the axle and prevent it from dropping any further, so what are the benefits of disconnecting the sway bar links on the trail.... Let's hear it Ladies... :)

Dixon4x4

The biggest benefit will be traction. When you disconnect the sway bar it will allow one side to drop further than if it was connected, allowing all tires to maintain better contact with the ground.

Top Bottom